TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AWD Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Trainwrecks, May 24, 2018.

1. Trainwrecks

Trainwrecks Member

It looks like in order to get the AWD you also have to take the Long Range battery. If this correct? At a later date can you get the AWD with the standard battery?

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

At this time yes only long range battery. It is assumed AWD and standard battery will be possible, but never been confirmed.

3. keydiver

keydiver Member

Originally, my Delivery Estimator said that both AWD LR and AWD SR were coming mid-year, but then they changed that you LR only. I *assume*, and certainly hope, that AWD SR will be available Late 2018 when the SR base model is available. I plan on AWD SR myself, as I love AWD on my Model S 70D. I have never owned any car before, even several AWD cars, where all 4 tires wore so evenly. The Service Center has refused to rotate them several times because they are so evenly worn.
    The only thing I can't be sure of yet is whether Tesla is also going to have the non-glass roof available Late 2018, as I would prefer a metal roof in south Florida. As it is part of the PuP package, I certainly hope I can still get a base AWD without the glass roof before the end of the year.

• Informative x 1