TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AWD Range now at 300

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by Wennfred, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

I was just looking at the features and saw this, when I placed my deposit the LR AWD was rated at 280 Miles. Now this shows 300. Is this right??

316E4F78-9A3B-46C6-87A6-8E94709D9D74.jpeg

• Like x 1
  2. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

If you go into the configurator AWD still displays 280 mile range. Only the long range RWD has 300 miles of range.

3. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

Yep, I saw that, so they must of forgot to update the configurator or their Advertising Dept really F’d this one up. I might tweet this to Tesla later tonight.

Fred

4. aronth5

Or maybe they forgot to update the RWD to 310 or higher:)

• Like x 1
  5. azjohn

azjohn Member

That's what the page has showed all along, nothing new

• Like x 2
  6. Resist

Resist Member

It never made any sense that the AWD LR and Performance were both rated at 280 miles, when the Performance uses 20" wheels, like the Model 3. The wheels are what reduces the mileage.

7. Hovscorpion1

Hovscorpion1 Member

With all the software updates, the EPA range is wrong. I would wait until Tesla actually delivers the vehicles and software updates are sent. The Model 3 LR AWD has 322. My guess is that the long range AWD Model Y will be 310 since it’s bigger with less efficiency than the Model 3 but may have better efficiency than the Model X.

8. scubastevo80

scubastevo80 Member

The 322 is not a legit number I’d tell a potential buyer about. According to Stats app, I drive more efficiently than 95% of model 3 owners and my lifetime wh/mi is about 245. That means my awd has never really gotten more than 300 miles and as we move into this winter with degradation, I’m in the mid to low 290s. I also recall many rwd owners complaining they barely get the 310.

9. aronth5

Agree, especially if you live in a colder climate. Winter has a significant impact on range. In winter I'm at 304 Wh/mi with Michelin Ice-X snow tires on 18" aero wheels, compared to 220 Wh/mi in warmer weather.

10. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

FWIW, my warm weather average is in the 160-170Wh/mi ballpark, and I do better than 310 rated miles. LR RWD early production.

Winter efficiency def drops a lot, especially if you do short trips. Don't expect to get rated range in the winter. Around 300Wh/mi or higher seems typical. But top 5% most efficient drivers should easily beat rated range in warmer seasons.

• Like x 1
  11. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

I don’t know how anyone gets that efficiency. I average 239 wh/mi in the summer lol.

• Like x 2
  12. HillCountryFun

I would guess wheel alignment, tire pressure and type, nominal weather, etc. That said, 239 is very good...better than our average.

• Like x 1
  13. aronth5

You obviously have a heavy foot on the "go" pedal:) I easily get 220 wh/mi in the warmer weather and also have an early LR RWD.

• Like x 1
  14. ilyak

ilyak Member

These are the max stats, they’re not all available in the same model. The same page for model 3 lists 3.2 seconds 0-60 and 322 miles of range, but the first number is from a P3D that has a 310 mile range listed, and the second number is from LR AWD that has a 4.4 0-60 listed.

15. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

I really don’t think I do. I live SE of Seattle though. I think I get 249 in the summer and 269 in the winter.

16. rah7777

rah7777 Member

17. rah7777

rah7777 Member

Depends on the time of season (temp), where you live and how one drives. I have gotten as much as 316.

18. scubastevo80

scubastevo80 Member

When you say you've gotten as much as 316, is that actual range or your battery's displayed range? Do you have a RWD car? I had 310 displayed when delivered and its dropped to 300 after a software update last summer, and has dropped again ~5 miles since winter has started. I am hoping the trend switches upward slightly come springtime. In terms of actual range, I get about 300 in winter and north of 320 in warmer months.

19. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

my long range RWD started at 310 when delivered in Aug 2018 then was 319 at 100% in July 2019 and now in the winter the app shows 100% would be 294. I too really hope I get some of that back in the spring/summer. I had almost no range loss in the first winter but this one seems pretty steep.

20. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Anyone notice the newer wheels available now on the configurator page?