Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD range since last charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im starting to keep track of my actual range and efficiency now that I’ve put about 450 miles on the car. I have NonP AWD on 19s.
Weather here has been between 65-90 degrees.

My most recent trip:
184 actual miles used 207 miles of rated range over 3.5 days.

That translates into approximately 89% of rated range (for a full 100% actual range of 275 miles).

The screen says average of 251 wh/mi but I’m sure that doesn’t take into account energy use when the car isn’t moving (eg AC in parking lot, or overnight vampire drain). Overnight I only see 0 to 1 mile of rated range loss.

Is this consistent with everyone else’s experience?

Im starting to keep track of my actual range and efficiency now that I’ve put about 450 miles on the car. I have NonP AWD on 19s.

The screen says average of 251 wh/mi but I’m sure that doesn’t take into account energy use when the car isn’t moving (eg AC in parking lot, or overnight vampire drain). Overnight I only see 0 to 1 mile of rated range loss.

Is this consistent with everyone else’s experience?
That’s pretty good for a NonP AWD with 19” wheels. The NonP AWD with aeros gets closer to 240 wh/mi and the RWD with aeros gets closer to 210 wh/mi.

That’s pretty good for a NonP AWD with 19” wheels. The NonP AWD with aeros gets closer to 240 wh/mi and the RWD with aeros gets closer to 210 wh/mi.
The lowest I ever got on an individual trip was 200 and I was hoping to break that barrier then i had to accelerate ;)

I recall being in the 180s-190s when I rented the RWD on 18s non aeros a few months ago.

Reactions: Jedi2155
I'm currently at 245Wh/mi lifetime, give or take. A fair amount of 75mph limit divided highway mixed in there, I've been having a bit of fun launching (that really digs into your efficiency w/the dual motors), and I've had the caps off for the 18" wheels for now.

I haven't tried to watched the vamp drain but it's probably not that great living here even though we're off peak heat. I'm going to start trying to track that next week.

I have a AWD non P as well and I'm getting 247Wh/mi. I wouldn't worry too much about the range right now because there are many factors you can't control which will affect the efficiency.

I have to go down my hill every day which starts at about 1000' elevation and ends at 100' or so. I get regenerative breaking on the way down, but not enough to compensate for the loss of range going back up that hill. One day I stayed at my friends down the hill and drove about 100 miles on highway and in town and ended up with 222Wh/mi for the day which is awesome for AWD. But about that hill...can't do too much about that.

Rain, temperature, elevation, A/C, tire pressure, wind speed, etc. will all affect your range so don't worry too much about it. Enjoy your car, especially when driving locally, but plan accordingly on longer trips to take into account the items which can affect range efficiency.

There are several threads on energy efficiency especially if you search in the Model S forum. Besides your driving habits and terrain, the other factors that will vary your mileage are outside temperature and the winds. Winds take away a big chunk. There’s a browser based app one of the S owners put together that shows elevation and winds. I believe it’s called Teslawinds.

However, after the initial few months of owning a Tesla, the only times I really care about mileage/range is on long trips where there may not be as many Superchargers. For daily commute, why would you care? Electric charging typically costs 25% or less of filling up an equivalent gasoline tank.

I have a AWD non P as well and I'm getting 247Wh/mi. I wouldn't worry too much about the range right now because there are many factors you can't control which will affect the efficiency.

I have to go down my hill every day which starts at about 1000' elevation and ends at 100' or so. I get regenerative breaking on the way down, but not enough to compensate for the loss of range going back up that hill. One day I stayed at my friends down the hill and drove about 100 miles on highway and in town and ended up with 222Wh/mi for the day which is awesome for AWD. But about that hill...can't do too much about that.

Rain, temperature, elevation, A/C, tire pressure, wind speed, etc. will all affect your range so don't worry too much about it. Enjoy your car, especially when driving locally, but plan accordingly on longer trips to take into account the items which can affect range efficiency.
18s? With aeros?

I have a P3D- with 19” sport wheels and tires. Last trip home to Seattle and return home. Interstate driving 500 miles was 245Wh/m.

Attachments

• 24AC62DE-99EA-4935-BB90-999FC4969712.jpeg
    24AC62DE-99EA-4935-BB90-999FC4969712.jpeg
    512.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Informative
Reactions: SoCalGuy