Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hah, been having too much fun :D

Even after owning EVs and arguably the second best long range EV at a similar price point, there is no comparison at all.

I dropped by my old workplace on the way home and think I sold 2 of them taking out the VP of r&d and some of the other engineers for a test drive.

The acceleration of the AWD is nuts. I half punched it with my wife in the car when I got home and she yelled at me to never do that again :cool:

In terms of the car condition, I have a few minor paint issues (honestly I probably wouldn't have noticed them before knowing what to look for). That means I can't get the car ceramic coated until they are taken care of. But panel gaps and 99% of everything was perfect. Will take a closer inspection tomorrow.
Congrats! Wife said the same thing to me on our drive this evening.;)

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I would be very surprised if it wasn't there. My mvpa and final email from the DA came at 1030 last night, so it's really down to the wire.

But today was super fast. I could have been out in 20 min if I didn't take extra time to look over the car and note any paint issues. They also had to replace an aero wheel cover due to having some clear coat drips on it.

I did look for your car into he batch they were washing, most were for the 29th, but talking to the workers doing the washing, what I saw was a small subset of what is going out on the 29th.

There was also 2 trailers unloading model 3s as I left. I think anyone who has a delivery scheduled should be good to go.

Thanks for looking. Sounds like they are really going for it. I have to check in with my DA tomorrow so I should know if it's a go or no. Can't wait to drive it. Thinking about what music I'll play first.

Anything in particular about the car I should check for other than the obvious?

Enjoy your weekend with the new wheels!

Hah, been having too much fun :D

In terms of the car condition, I have a few minor paint issues (honestly I probably wouldn't have noticed them before knowing what to look for). That means I can't get the car ceramic coated until they are taken care of. But panel gaps and 99% of everything was perfect. Will take a closer inspection tomorrow.

I found it pretty amazing what a professional detailer/ceramic installer can do with paint correction. They can disappear imperfections you would swear would need repainting. Maybe have them look at it before letting Tesla do anything. Just a thought. Fabian does up to 2 stages of correction included with the ceramic.
If you end up having to repaint any panels they will have to off-gas for 30 days or so before coating. Fabian did the ceramic on the whole car except my damaged bumper. Told me to bring it back 30 days after repair. Re-paint Sept 7’th so coming up.

Update - my delivery scheduled for today was delayed; at least to later in the day (original communication had no new date and then they phoned to reschedule to the afternoon due to "service issue". Since the train runs in the morning I'm enroute. Will get there early anyway. Hopefully I'm not wasting my entire day. Trying to stay positive and excited, but it's hard.

Reactions: PAWilson
Thanks for looking. Sounds like they are really going for it. I have to check in with my DA tomorrow so I should know if it's a go or no. Can't wait to drive it. Thinking about what music I'll play first.

Anything in particular about the car I should check for other than the obvious?

Enjoy your weekend with the new wheels!
Just check for any paint inclusions. I found about 6, 4 of them they had a guy come over and remove with a buffing compound. The other 2 are under the clear coat and they will get it done at a shop... For me that is going to be Budds BMW in Oakville.

There was also what looked like a yellow highlighter mark on the inside door jam rear passenger. Even the detail guy thought it was strange. Almost like it was a paint stain. They will correct that too.

One of the aero hub caps had missing clips on it, and another had a clear coat drips so remove all of them and inspect them. The just replaced them with new ones.

Panel gaps were good on mine all around from what I saw. They said I have 24 hours to report any other issues so I need to do that today.

About music, I loaded up a usb stick. My first playlist consisted of a pretty wide sampling of genres from days where a car like this only existed in my wildest dreams :D:

Journey
Jackson 5
Stevie Wonder
Metallica
Boyz 2 men
Neil Young
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Janice Joplin

In case it's not obvious from the list, I'm a child of the 80s (well... Late 70s, but makes me feel younger to say 80s since that's where my memories started :p)

Update - my delivery scheduled for today was delayed; at least to later in the day (original communication had no new date and then they phoned to reschedule to the afternoon due to "service issue". Since the train runs in the morning I'm enroute. Will get there early anyway. Hopefully I'm not wasting my entire day. Trying to stay positive and excited, but it's hard.
Good luck! My fingers are crossed for you. In the off chance you get there and for whatever reason your car isn't ok to drive off I'm sure they will do something. Maybe get you a loaner S P100D ;)

They will fix anything after delivery so I would recommend just taking it off you have the option. Keep us posted!

I found it pretty amazing what a professional detailer/ceramic installer can do with paint correction. They can disappear imperfections you would swear would need repainting. Maybe have them look at it before letting Tesla do anything. Just a thought. Fabian does up to 2 stages of correction included with the ceramic.
If you end up having to repaint any panels they will have to off-gas for 30 days or so before coating. Fabian did the ceramic on the whole car except my damaged bumper. Told me to bring it back 30 days after repair. Re-paint Sept 7’th so coming up.
Hmm, maybe I will swing by. Was thinking of using inception in Oakville for ceramic. I think I'm going to pass on ppf, already spent too much opting for EAP and AWD :)

Below are the pics of the inclusions that wouldn't clean up. To be honest, on other cars I probably wouldn't even have noticed. But so many tesla owners seem critical about these things, so now I feel obligated to do the same :rolleyes:

IMG_20180927_100712.jpg
IMG_20180927_100704.jpg

Reactions: 03DSG
The government won’t give you the rebate without the VIN on the bill of sale.
I did not find anything on the Government web site about this requirement.
http://vehiculeselectriques.gouv.qc.ca/english/particuliers/remboursement-procedure.asp
The invoice must mention: Wall charger installation AND you must provide the VIN as well as the Purchase agreement.
That would be ridiculous from the government to not allow to set up ourselves before we get the car.
This said, I can hear you, that would not be the first ridiculous thing coming from our government. )-;
Nevertheless, I am sure I'll be ok.

For all the people who already picked up the vehicle the past few days. Is the Estimated Amt Due on your account accurate when picking up the car or is it way off? Does Tesla only accept certified cheque from the bank for delivery, how would you know how much to put on it?

It just doesn't make sense to me why they would prevent you from listening to the same song for 30-40 songs . I mean, if I want to listen to the same sing twice, or even 10x in a row, why do they care?

Well aside from whatever possible discount they can get on licensing and royalties, if you pay for slacker premium you don't have those restrictions and can listen to songs multiple times, have it play songs by the same artists (instead of just similar songs), and make and use playlists (on phone or computer but syncs to the car) with forward/back working.

• Informative
Reactions: pcons
Getting really tired of being jerked around by Tesla now. After getting the text message 2 days ago that my car was ready to be picked up Sept 26th-Sept 30th, they are now saying it was just to try and see if anyone would be available IF a car was available. They now say if they haven’t given me a date I’m not getting my car anytime soon and to just wait until they text me again.

I’m really starting to think they took my final deposit to lock me in and count my money in the quarter. Why did I put all that extra cash in if I won’t be getting a car for months?!?!?

Edit: All of this after them telling me in early September that I would get my car Sept 24th-Oct 1st. Then saying those dates were no longer valid. Then texting me the dates were valid again. Would anyone accept this from any other company? Especially for an $80K product?

For all the people who already picked up the vehicle the past few days. Is the Estimated Amt Due on your account accurate when picking up the car or is it way off? Does Tesla only accept certified cheque from the bank for delivery, how would you know how much to put on it?
It was like pulling teeth for me going back and forth with my DA to get the final total due at delivery. I ended up emailing Tesla finance and got the final amount. The account page is an estimate and I wouldn’t fully rely on it.
If you have anything due, they only take personal cheque, bank draft, or certified cheque. No credit cards.

Hey Guys, from Calgary and expected to take Delivery tomorrow morning. I haven't heard much back but this week I was able to call Tesla to confirm they have indeed received the car at the service center. Are there any other steps that I can take to ensure smooth delivery tomorrow? Should I try to contact my DA/IDA?

Thanks

Hey Guys, from Calgary and expected to take Delivery tomorrow morning. I haven't heard much back but this week I was able to call Tesla to confirm they have indeed received the car at the service center. Are there any other steps that I can take to ensure smooth delivery tomorrow? Should I try to contact my DA/IDA?

Thanks
On my delivery day, I was called two hours before and told they needed more time to detail the car. I agreed to come at 5:30 but didn’t call or email to confirm because I didn’t want to allow my DA an opportunity to change anything with the time slot. My idea was to go and expect delivery, and if not, I was going to drop the “now that you’ve inconvenienced me, Here is what I need from you...(enter concessions here).

Mine wasn't exactly, but I'm financing. My IDA told me to make the first payment bank draft for $3,000. I wasn't worried, because anything over would balance out in my payments. Not sure about your case.

On my delivery day, I was called two hours before and told they needed more time to detail the car. I agreed to come at 5:30 but didn’t call or email to confirm because I didn’t want to allow my DA an opportunity to change anything with the time slot. My idea was to go and expect delivery, and if not, I was going to drop the “now that you’ve inconvenienced me, Here is what I need from you...(enter concessions here).

I take delivery right when they open tomorrow, can I call before they open?

My estimate was off by around $70. Personal cheque covered the balance. Certified cheque/bank draft is for the large amount, personal cheque is ok for a few hundred $.

• Informative
Reactions: jkirkwood001