Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after having my original delivery of Oct 6 (updated in Tesla account) changed to Sept 22 (updated in Tesla account again) and then changed again to be tentatively scheduled between Sept 26-29, it now says Sept - Nov. My ISA says delay crossing border and it is now not expected to arrive until Oct 3. So now it is looking like it will be ready Oct 6 :rolleyes:o_O. I really have to laugh if this is actually the date I take delivery after this merry-go-round.

So after having my original delivery of Oct 6 (updated in Tesla account) changed to Sept 22 (updated in Tesla account again) and then changed again to be tentatively scheduled between Sept 26-29, it now says Sept - Nov. My ISA says delay crossing border and it is now not expected to arrive until Oct 3. So now it is looking like it will be ready Oct 6 :rolleyes:o_O. I really have to laugh if this is actually the date I take delivery after this merry-go-round.

Hang in there. Despite the current frustration, once you get the car, you'll forget all about it. The onside DAs are great. In the past, they used to handle all the contacting with the customer, but now that the volumes have ramped up, the offsite ISDA guys are new and just can't keep up.

I only got hold of my ISDA within 24 hours of my delivery (by way of the main Tesla #), and when that occurred, they were still having problems with their system (or perhaps the ISDA just didn't know how to use it properly, don't know). I didn't see my paperwork till I got onsite. The ISDA did authorize me to provide a personalized cheque as a form of payment in case I couldn't get a draft, but I had time in the morning to pick one up, but he did warn me to bring my cheque book just in case. Good thing I did because the estimated amount didn't include the PPSA fee (Ontario) that is associated with the financing component of the deal.

Reactions: PAWilson
Hang in there. Despite the current frustration, once you get the car, you'll forget all about it. The onside DAs are great. In the past, they used to handle all the contacting with the customer, but now that the volumes have ramped up, the offsite ISDA guys are new and just can't keep up.

I only got hold of my ISDA within 24 hours of my delivery (by way of the main Tesla #), and when that occurred, they were still having problems with their system (or perhaps the ISDA just didn't know how to use it properly, don't know). I didn't see my paperwork till I got onsite. The ISDA did authorize me to provide a personalized cheque as a form of payment in case I couldn't get a draft, but I had time in the morning to pick one up, but he did warn me to bring my cheque book just in case. Good thing I did because the estimated amount didn't include the PPSA fee (Ontario) that is associated with the financing component of the deal.
Yes I appreciate your comments about patience. I am not getting bent out of shape about it. No point really is my approach. I am miffed that I have the draft payment ready since everything was a go for the 22nd (didn't get cancelled until just 24 hours before on 21st). So not having that cash still sitting in my account is irksome. I know the delivery will happen soon enough. My VIN is still valid and the ISA has been pretty good about updates. Just want to get this car and punch that pedal again :D

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Ouch! My delivery is in 29 hours. I'm hoping this won't happen to me...

Also, I believe that's how the rebate worked in ontario. You needed the car before you could order the charger.

I'm supposed to pick up tomorrow at IC too. Spoke with DA in Toronto an hour ago and he says the truck with my car is in Chicago, scheduled to arrive tomorrow. When I pressed him about a time he said we would keep my 2:00 appt and there may be a bit of a wait. He is aware that I'm on call at my hospital (a 90 min drive away) and relying on a colleague to cover for me while I'm away. Got to be back by 5. So I'll be mighty ticked off if I go all the way there and it doesn't happen. DA is emailing me one of his colleagues email and or cell phone numbers so I can check before leaving if it's there.

It's a crazy way to run a business. If it doesn't happen tomorrow I can't get away in time to do a pick up until next Saturday...

Good luck to you, I hope yours is there!

I'm supposed to pick up tomorrow at IC too. Spoke with DA in Toronto an hour ago and he says the truck with my car is in Chicago, scheduled to arrive tomorrow. When I pressed him about a time he said we would keep my 2:00 appt and there may be a bit of a wait. He is aware that I'm on call at my hospital (a 90 min drive away) and relying on a colleague to cover for me while I'm away. Got to be back by 5. So I'll be mighty ticked off if I go all the way there and it doesn't happen. DA is emailing me one of his colleagues email and or cell phone numbers so I can check before leaving if it's there.

It's a crazy way to run a business. If it doesn't happen tomorrow I can't get away in time to do a pick up until next Saturday...

Good luck to you, I hope yours is there!

Oh damn, I'm also scheduled for 2pm. Good luck. Hopefully, see you there ;-)

Damn, its coming down to crunch time for you guys getting delivery tomorrow...all I can say is even though I didn't see your vins there in the section being prepped for saturday, there were a tonne of cars I couldn't look at because there are so many there.

If I got mine, I can't see how you guys dont get yours. That would just really seem not fair, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

One thing I forgot to mention, which was a nice surprise to find, is in the center console there is the die cast model 3 scale model. Maybe it wont mean much to most people, but I actually have a small 1:64 die cast model of my 2017 volt which I just sold to get the model 3, so its kind of fun to have a model of the 3 as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing messages tomorrow afternoon from @Krakhaus , @kwazi7 , @bijan , @randallabrown and @Cdnman0 after picking up their cars.

Cool. Small inclusions can often be sanded out and polished without repaint. Worth the swing by for their opinion. I get the spending issue. I’m in way deeper on this car than I imagined I would be when I reserved it. Worth it though! As well your Dual AWD will retain better value over time than my RWD. As far as EAP the more I use it the happier I am I sprang for it! (Great colour btw)
After going back and forth on colour many times, I'm super happy with the white. :)

After going back and forth on colour many times, I'm super happy with the white. :)
We got our TM3 on the 21st. Smooth for the delivery time; got a bank draft for a bit more than the amount on the TSLA site, so they owe us $25.00. Might keep as a memento! What gap tolerances do you think ok for the doors? Trunks seem fine. Just even overall as they can align a bit at SC?
Really happy with paint, especially hearing all the stories. Car handles amazing & my wife says it reduces her wrinkles on acceleration!!
Anyone going for tint; what % is recommended?

Damn, its coming down to crunch time for you guys getting delivery tomorrow...all I can say is even though I didn't see your vins there in the section being prepped for saturday, there were a tonne of cars I couldn't look at because there are so many there.

If I got mine, I can't see how you guys dont get yours. That would just really seem not fair, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

One thing I forgot to mention, which was a nice surprise to find, is in the center console there is the die cast model 3 scale model. Maybe it wont mean much to most people, but I actually have a small 1:64 die cast model of my 2017 volt which I just sold to get the model 3, so its kind of fun to have a model of the 3 as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing messages tomorrow afternoon from @Krakhaus , @kwazi7 , @bijan , @randallabrown and @Cdnman0 after picking up their cars.

Im scheduled for 6 pm at IC tomorrow..fully loaded awd silver metallic.. vin ends in 00287...

Got my insurance and bank draft ready to roll..

They switched my date without notice.. from sep 26th.. to oct 3rd... back to sept 29...

Inside 21 hours... cannot wait

Reactions: Amandeep
We got our TM3 on the 21st. Smooth for the delivery time; got a bank draft for a bit more than the amount on the TSLA site, so they owe us $25.00. Might keep as a memento! What gap tolerances do you think ok for the doors? Trunks seem fine. Just even overall as they can align a bit at SC?
Really happy with paint, especially hearing all the stories. Car handles amazing & my wife says it reduces her wrinkles on acceleration!!
Anyone going for tint; what % is recommended?
Im going to tint to the legal limit. 30 percent.. im a cyclist... so i appreciate being able to see the driver

congrats! post some pictures plz!

Here's the beauty! Now time to sleep.... such a long day. Will post some about the experience tomorrow (sneak preview, it went awesome).
blue2.jpg