Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Thanks again for adding your info to the AWD/Performance tracker sheet - 499 orders!

We've updated the summary charts to include the most recent additions (auto-update issues because the data entry form & sheet were added after some data was already submitted).

Here's the status of collective AWD / Performance orders submitted as of today:

upload_2018-8-7_0-14-42-png.323601

upload_2018-8-7_0-14-5-png.323599

upload_2018-8-7_0-14-21-png.323600

upload_2018-8-7_0-54-42-png.323626

Orders across North America:
upload_2018-8-7_0-16-5-png.323603

Orders across USA:
upload_2018-8-7_0-16-53-png.323604

Another summary:

upload_2018-8-7_1-16-45.png

• 5.8% of 499 orders recorded have received a VIN
  • 4.6% of 499 orders recorded have a scheduled delivery date

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-7_1-11-54.png
    upload_2018-8-7_1-11-54.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 53
  • upload_2018-8-7_1-14-7.png
    upload_2018-8-7_1-14-7.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 41
  • upload_2018-8-7_1-14-35.png
    upload_2018-8-7_1-14-35.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
So still no VINs or deliveries to Canada :(

Here's another interesting view (column BT in the sheet) I came up with - for those wondering how their location is affecting how quickly they get a VIN:

2018-08-16-10_08_27-window-png.326200

The locations with the highest response rate are:
  1. DC, Hawaii and "Other" are all 100% fulfilled (but they only have 1 order each, so not statistically significant)
  2. New Jersey is next with 43.3% of 30 orders either with a VIN or a delivery date (I guess it's not only West Coast getting responses!)
  3. Ohio with 6 of 14 (42.9%)
  4. Virginia at 40.9% (9 of 22)
The locations with the poorest response are:
  1. ALL OF CANADA with zero responses for 36 orders. I'm not bitter. No, not at all.
  2. Texas. Texas has no VINs or delivery dates recorded for 30 orders. No love for Texas?
The benchmark of course is California, which has 33 of 146 orders, or 22.6%.

So as soon as I post this, I get a 2nd call from my DA five minutes ago, this time to (re-)confirm which between Toronto or Montreal I want my car delivered to. This was the same question she asked me on July 23rd. She said there is still no VIN and no delivery date in the system, but my AWD "car is in production, and you can expect delivery in late September" - a month away!

So as soon as I post this, I get a 2nd call from my DA five minutes ago, this time to (re-)confirm which between Toronto or Montreal I want my car delivered to. This was the same question she asked me on July 23rd. She said there is still no VIN and no delivery date in the system, but my AWD "car is in production, and you can expect delivery in late September" - a month away!

There's a mass delivery even happening in September in Toronto so your car is likely coming in those batches.

Reactions: jkirkwood001

Yep, that definitely lines up with the fact they're prepping to do mass deliveries out of the International Centre again.

Thanks for providing this update. Interesting how they got you to do the financing already since it's only valid for 30 days. Did they indicate if you had to go through the approvals again?

Thanks for providing this update. Interesting how they got you to do the financing already since it's only valid for 30 days. Did they indicate if you had to go through the approvals again?

No, but then again I haven't got an official delivery date, which is when I'd have to make my first payment. If the rates go up, it will be bad if they expect me to pay more than quoted in July when I got the quote, or in June when I ordered the car. We'll see...

No problem!

I'm loving it! It has forever ruined other cars for me. I used to think people were being over dramatic when they said driving an ICE car after driving their EV was such a terrible experience. I now understand that it is not a matter of being over dramatic, lol.

@Tony_YYZ Did you ever end up getting a bracket for your front license plate? Still don't know which to get so far, after having the front ppf'ed. I assume automotive tape and the Tesla-supplied license plateholder would not be ideal for the wrap. I also don't like how flimsy the plastic grill is, to where the other brackets like the Bandit, etc. attach to. Drilling into the car makes me squeamish as well. Argh.

Got stopped once for not having the front plate on, but the officer was pretty nice about it and let me go after explaining the ppf install.

@Tony_YYZ Did you ever end up getting a bracket for your front license plate? Still don't know which to get so far, after having the front ppf'ed. I assume automotive tape and the Tesla-supplied license plateholder would not be ideal for the wrap. I also don't like how flimsy the plastic grill is, to where the other brackets like the Bandit, etc. attach to. Drilling into the car makes me squeamish as well. Argh.

Got stopped once for not having the front plate on, but the officer was pretty nice about it and let me go after explaining the ppf install.

Hey, yes I did get one. I'm currently using The Bandit. I put it on after my PPF was completed. So far so good. It leaves the area for cooling unobstructed. I understand what you're saying about the flimsy plastic grill but it hasn't had any issues yet.

• Informative
Reactions: oakvillemike

Skene Design No Holes Front License Plate Bracket ?
EVANNEX Front License Plate Bracket for Tesla Model 3 (no drill, no bolt-on) ?