Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 336233 Picked up 18SEP in Vancouver. Note the difference in the quality (i.e. lack thereof) of the pickup location in Vancouver versus the locations pictured in the other cities. Other than that, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the service was good. Plus, I found only one very small problem (paint chip on the edge of panel abutting the hood), which was dealt with well. Otherwise the build quality was very good.

Nice I see a few M3s Downtown Vancouver and about, I'm waiting for base model so fingers crossed for early 2019 for me.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
my delivery advisor is completely ignore me, not reply email at all, should I call instead?

I’m having the same issue. Got an email a few weeks ago saying delivery last week of Sept (i.e. next week). Since then I’ve completed financing and trade in approvals and yet I still have no delivery date. And no one will answer my calls/emails. I’m starting to think they just wanted to lock in my $4200 by removing my edit button so they can count my money in the quarter.

I’m having the same issue. Got an email a few weeks ago saying delivery last week of Sept (i.e. next week). Since then I’ve completed financing and trade in approvals and yet I still have no delivery date. And no one will answer my calls/emails. I’m starting to think they just wanted to lock in my $4200 by removing my edit button so they can count my money in the quarter.

Their communication sucks, it's not personal, it's just what it is. They'll get back to you when delivery is almost ready.

Their communication sucks, it's not personal, it's just what it is. They'll get back to you when delivery is almost ready.

Couldn't agree more. There's definitely room for improvement in how they manage their communications. I received my VIN yesterday online, so I just nailed down the insurance today. I've e-mail my Toronto-based ISDA twice; once shortly after he e-mailed me, and another time two days later for follow-up, no response. Today, I called him and his voice-box is full.

I don't want any surprises come next Wednesday afternoon...

my delivery advisor is completely ignore me, not reply email at all, should I call instead?
If you have a direct phone line to them, call. Otherwise if you call the main tesla line give them the DA name and they can try to get a hold of them.

But in reality, if you were close to delivery they would reach out. When they do, it happens fast. They are just swamped.

Can't remember if I posted an update from my side as well, but I had gotten contacted by my DA via email and his signature had a phone number...and when I call him he actually picks up! He has been super in the last 2 weeks, gave me my vin over the phone, working to get a pro forma invoice so I could get insurance in order, and even moved my delivery up a few days at my request.

Yesterday my vin showed up in my tesla account....I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Keeping fingers crossed that things go smoothly on delivery because I'm signing over my volt on wednesday and taking an Uber to pick up the model 3 on thursday :eek:

As long as it rolls forward (I dont need reverse), I'll document anything wrong and have it fixed in the future! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Amandeep
Guys who paid in cash, can you please tell me how the process works? I am taking delivery in IC in mississauga next weekend and i havent been able to reach my DA via phone except the email i got about the delivery date. My situation is i have pre approved auto loan from bank for about 25K CAD and rest i am paying from my personal. How does the payment works ? do i need to take two drafts/certified checks from bank one from my personal account and the other for secured pre approved auto loan which they write directly to tesla? also when taking drafts on what name should i be taking?

Guys who paid in cash, can you please tell me how the process works? I am taking delivery in IC in mississauga next weekend and i havent been able to reach my DA via phone except the email i got about the delivery date. My situation is i have pre approved auto loan from bank for about 25K CAD and rest i am paying from my personal. How does the payment works ? do i need to take two drafts/certified checks from bank one from my personal account and the other for secured pre approved auto loan which they write directly to tesla? also when taking drafts on what name should i be taking?
I’m picking up in 2 hours. Didn’t get mvpa until last night. I got a bank draft for the estimate on my Tesla page and will pay another $140.00 or so for registration by credit card. Draft is payable to Tesla Motors Canada ULC.

I'm not sure, but the 2 draft method would make the most sense to me. Just make sure both are payable to telsa llc, as per the email you got from your DA. Also, I would try calling the generic telsa number to ask. Shouldn't need to have your DA to get an answer, I'm sure others have done a partial payment, partial financing......you are basically financing with a very large downpayment essentially....

I'm not sure, but the 2 draft method would make the most sense to me. Just make sure both are payable to telsa llc, as per the email you got from your DA. Also, I would try calling the generic telsa number to ask. Shouldn't need to have your DA to get an answer, I'm sure others have done a partial payment, partial financing......you are basically financing with a very large downpayment essentially....
unfortunately the email i recieved from DA does not have any details yet except asking me few questions like 1) are you paying in cash ? 2) you dont have any vehicles to trade etc . I replied and asked him about the payment process and no answer yet.

unfortunately the email i recieved from DA does not have any details yet except asking me few questions like 1) are you paying in cash ? 2) you dont have any vehicles to trade etc . I replied and asked him about the payment process and no answer yet.
Call the 1-800 tesla number and speak to one of the general help people. They should be able to give you some advice.

So delivery has been confirmed and arranged for IC tomorrow (Sat. Sept 22), just got a call from my ISA stating my car is not ready and currently no ETA. I didn't want to take it until Oct 6 but I was told I had to take it within 7 days of the original date (Sept 18). I just transferred ownership of my previous car yesterday so I now have no vehicle. I went from 100% excitement to 100% disappointment.
To his credit, Tesla are working on arranging a rental but he will get back to me later (I hope a Tesla rental but I doubt it).
I hope others are not affected by this but I suspect some might be.
Of course my Tesla account still states my 1pm appointment for tomorrow to mock me :mad:

Last edited: