Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was contacted today that I have now been scheduled for Saturday Sept 29. So it has gone from Oct 6 to Sept 22 now Sept 29.
That is how you define a logistical delivery nightmare I suppose :eek:
No exact time confirmed as of yet. My Tesla account still shows the same VIN but Wednesday Sept 26 at 1pm. I think the 26th was just a placeholder because they knew I probably couldn't take delivery mid-week (and certainly not during the day this week). I hope the 29th sticks and I can just get this part of the experience over with.

I'm scheduled for delivery on Wednesday at 3 PM and have yet to receive any further e-mails or contact from the ISDA after a number of e-mails. These guys are cutting it down to the wire. I recall their initial e-mail that indicated the contract details will be generated 48 hours prior to delivery. That's in less than 2 hours. Crossing my fingers I don't get an e-mail like @dusdev

... oh I didn't even get an e-mail. I just saw the change on my account when I logged in today.

I'm scheduled for delivery on Wednesday at 3 PM and have yet to receive any further e-mails or contact from the ISDA after a number of e-mails. These guys are cutting it down to the wire. I recall their initial e-mail that indicated the contract details will be generated 48 hours prior to delivery. That's in less than 2 hours. Crossing my fingers I don't get an e-mail like @dusdev

I clicked 'yes' on the profile night of the 21st (~8pm). Delivery 22nd 10:30am. Got MVPA 1~2 hours later. Soooooo, pretty last minute.

So, its looking positive for some that they are getting vins and deliveries scheduled now....that may explain why some others have not heard anything about their already scheduled deliveries like myself and @dusdev ....I'm still waiting on the MVPA, and tomorow at 10am will begin the 48 hour countdown :eek:

My delivery appointment and VIN were removed from my account. Called them, no info. What the *sugar* is going on??

What a huge disappointment.

It's crazy. After arranging financing through Tesla I have been checking my account daily (or twice sometimes). No changes except that the edit button is gone. No response from the IDA after I emailed him to confirm that I was not changing the initial terms of financing and make sure they got that email, which was 12 days ago.

Then out of nowhere this afternoon, BANG! I get a text from a delivery scheduling guy in CA (not my IDA) saying it will be here for pick up at the IC Saturday at noon. Of course I am on call all weekend and don't know if I can get anyone to cover for me. I call the guy and he says if I don't take delivery Saturday I have to wait until next week to find out when, because all the delivery times are blacked out after Sunday. Aargh!!

Still no VIN, apparently he can't give it to me. He says he will ask my local DA to get in touch with me in the next day or two. Hopefully I will be able to schedule something later on Monday. Don't want the vehicle sitting there all week. Luckily my electrician is coming to finish the wiring to the wall connector this Wednesday.

I feel like I will need some teaching prior to driving off despite having read the Owners Manual. Do the majority who have received their M3s feel they had enough time to go over everything before you just drive off in it? Thanks!

It's crazy. After arranging financing through Tesla I have been checking my account daily (or twice sometimes). No changes except that the edit button is gone. No response from the IDA after I emailed him to confirm that I was not changing the initial terms of financing and make sure they got that email, which was 12 days ago.

Then out of nowhere this afternoon, BANG! I get a text from a delivery scheduling guy in CA (not my IDA) saying it will be here for pick up at the IC Saturday at noon. Of course I am on call all weekend and don't know if I can get anyone to cover for me. I call the guy and he says if I don't take delivery Saturday I have to wait until next week to find out when, because all the delivery times are blacked out after Sunday. Aargh!!

Still no VIN, apparently he can't give it to me. He says he will ask my local DA to get in touch with me in the next day or two. Hopefully I will be able to schedule something later on Monday. Don't want the vehicle sitting there all week. Luckily my electrician is coming to finish the wiring to the wall connector this Wednesday.

I feel like I will need some teaching prior to driving off despite having read the Owners Manual. Do the majority who have received their M3s feel they had enough time to go over everything before you just drive off in it? Thanks!
IMHO, there is no substitute for just 'doing' and learning as you go.

At the end of the day, it's a car. Accelerator, brakes, wheel. You will be fine.

The more subtle things like autopilot (if you have it) and getting used to Regen braking will be something you will get used to.

My wife got used to her bolt in 2 days of driving. Now, maybe she had some prep because I've had EVs for 4 years leading up to that, but there really is no substitute for just doing on your own.

If you've gone through the user manual that's probably enough to get you started. But everyone is different....that's just my $0.02. I plan on spending most time inspecting for defects and don't want any tutorials.

That is....assuming I do get my car on Thursday...did the text confirm your car is across the border and at the IC right now?

I was initially on Saturday, but got moved up to Thursday, but still no confirmation the car is physically in Canada yet ...

Reactions: 03DSG
Ok....I’m having some serious delivery anxiety! As of now things appear cool with my account, but reading All that’s happening with people’s appointments and vins getting removed...starting to fear the worst for my Sept 26 appointment. o_O

Yup...I was thinking of proposing setting up a private group chat where we can share our vin numbers maybe while blocking the last 2 digits. Then as people go to the IC they can scan the lot for the vins and report back to anyone in limbo.

I'm planning to be there an hour before my 10 am pickup on Thursday so can do some scanning then, which should cover off anyone getting it Saturday.

I'd appreciate it if anyone going tomorrow or Wednesday could be on the lookout for mine. White with aero wheels and vin starting with 1072xx. If it's there, that should be enough to find it.... @jkirkwood001 was kind enough to look for me on Saturday, but didn't see it there ...

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Yup...I was thinking of proposing setting up a private group chat where we can share our vin numbers maybe while blocking the last 2 digits. Then as people go to the IC they can scan the lot for the vins and report back to anyone in limbo.

I'm planning to be there an hour before my 10 am pickup on Thursday so can do some scanning then, which should cover off anyone getting it Saturday.

I'd appreciate it if anyone going tomorrow or Wednesday could be on the lookout for mine. White with aero wheels and vin starting with 1072xx. If it's there, that should be enough to find it.... @jkirkwood001 was kind enough to look for me on Saturday, but didn't see it there ...

Good idea! Mine is 1070xx, red, with aero, black interior. Picking up on Saturday.

If you don't mind checking :)

Good luck on yours. Although, I haven't seen many people scheduled mid-week so may be tough to catch someone going tues/wed.