Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More pics attached. I think I found @kwazi7 model 3 being prepped for Saturday. In the line for detailing. About 50 or so cars, all with sept 29th tags.

Talked to some folks here and there are a bunch of other ones spread out on the lot, I can't walk the whole lot unfortunately as I have a lunch date.

There are even cars here listed with 10/10 delivery on some tags.

View attachment 338557 View attachment 338558 View attachment 338559 View attachment 338560 View attachment 338561 View attachment 338562 View attachment 338563 View attachment 338565

So, you’ve had all day to buzz around.....
How’s the CAR !!!!

I received an email on Sept. 6, indicated that my “Model 3 will be available between Wednesday, September 26 through Wednesday, October 3.” I replied the next morning and since then, nothing. And there are no reasons whatsoever for a delay since the ONLY thing that could have pushed me a few positions back from the top of the list was that my Model 3 AWD is not a Performance version. Now, after reading recent posts in the present thread, I realized that Tesla is using text messages to communicate with some buyers. I called Tesla Montreal today for another follow up. The sales person I talked to said that since the phone number on record was my phone at work (the same number I used since I bought my Model S in 2015), I probably have missed invitations or other communications and it **may** have caused a delay in my case... The person was not entirely sure since most of the delivery process is managed from Toronto. I have immediately changed the phone number in my account for my cell phone number and added SMS as the preferred communication method. Does anyone know if using a non-cell phone number in the Tesla account can indeed cause delays in the delivery process?

If your VIN ends up being different, it's likely because your assigned car got pulled and sold to somebody else. See the other threads and discussion about people getting text messages. It's them gauging interest in vehicles that can't be transported. 'In transit' is the new excuse. That is my status also. Hopefully that means on a truck to the IC. But more likely the car is sitting in a lot somewhere and they can't move it.
Well, keep us posted and good luck.

New delivery date set for Saturday. !
Yay !!
Same VIN.

pcons, I'm wondering if you could also report the initial state of charge on the vehicle after delivery. Assuming tomorrow is still the day for me, I will need to be on the road throughout SW Ontario during the day - probably will end up putting 1000 km on before Sunday. So nominally will need a decent initial charge. Related - where should I stop for my first 'supercharge' in Toronto-area for the remainder of my time there? I was thinking Lawrence

My Sept. 22 car was the standard 85% charged at pickup. Just use your Tesla to find Superchargers! Why make it complicated? Southern Ontario has plenty.

I visited a friend in Barrie before driving home to Ottawa via another friend in Northumberland. Recharged in Barrie and Cobourg. Also stopped in Kingston as I was getting conflicting estimates from the battery and the map. Map said I had to go 250 km, battery said I had 350 km left, but map said I'd have 12% when I got home, so I decided on an extra fill to be cautious. I'm guessing the discrepancy is how fast I was driving? Was cruising at 125 kph.

So, you’ve had all day to buzz around.....
How’s the CAR !!!!
Hah, been having too much fun :D

Even after owning EVs and arguably the second best long range EV at a similar price point, there is no comparison at all.

I dropped by my old workplace on the way home and think I sold 2 of them taking out the VP of r&d and some of the other engineers for a test drive.

The acceleration of the AWD is nuts. I half punched it with my wife in the car when I got home and she yelled at me to never do that again :cool:

In terms of the car condition, I have a few minor paint issues (honestly I probably wouldn't have noticed them before knowing what to look for). That means I can't get the car ceramic coated until they are taken care of. But panel gaps and 99% of everything was perfect. Will take a closer inspection tomorrow.

I received an email on Sept. 6, indicated that my “Model 3 will be available between Wednesday, September 26 through Wednesday, October 3.” I replied the next morning and since then, nothing. And there are no reasons whatsoever for a delay since the ONLY thing that could have pushed me a few positions back from the top of the list was that my Model 3 AWD is not a Performance version. Now, after reading recent posts in the present thread, I realized that Tesla is using text messages to communicate with some buyers. I called Tesla Montreal today for another follow up. The sales person I talked to said that since the phone number on record was my phone at work (the same number I used since I bought my Model S in 2015), I probably have missed invitations or other communications and it **may** have caused a delay in my case... The person was not entirely sure since most of the delivery process is managed from Toronto. I have immediately changed the phone number in my account for my cell phone number and added SMS as the preferred communication method. Does anyone know if using a non-cell phone number in the Tesla account can indeed cause delays in the delivery process?
I don't think that would matter. My cell phone was on file and all communication was via email....if they tried you through text and it didn't go through (text messages to land lines bounce back), the would have emailed you....at least according to my experience.

Question for those that picked their cars up today.
Is version 9 installed. ?

Also, did they have key fobs. ?
No version 9, no key fobs.

Oh, and slacker radio sucks so much I can't even tell you....seriously rediculous....once it plays a song once it never does again, just ones from the same band....for example, I say:

Play Boyz 2 men, it's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday ...worked the first time....later in the day I wanted to hear it again, and even manually typing in that song and clicking on it, and it plays every other Boyz 2 men song or even ones in the same genre....but NOT THE SONG I SEARCHED????? Wtf????

Anyway, that's something really stupid and the only thing I could complain about. But it's easily fixed with a 64gb usb stick loaded with mp3s....

pcons, I'm wondering if you could also report the initial state of charge on the vehicle after delivery. Assuming tomorrow is still the day for me, I will need to be on the road throughout SW Ontario during the day - probably will end up putting 1000 km on before Sunday. So nominally will need a decent initial charge. Related - where should I stop for my first 'supercharge' in Toronto-area for the remainder of my time there? I was thinking Lawrence
It's already been answered, but further confirmation on SOC...mine was at 80% (397km) when I picked it up.

Oh, and slacker radio sucks so much I can't even tell you....seriously rediculous....once it plays a song once it never does again, just ones from the same band....for example, I say:

Play Boyz 2 men, it's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday ...worked the first time....later in the day I wanted to hear it again, and even manually typing in that song and clicking on it, and it plays every other Boyz 2 men song or even ones in the same genre....but NOT THE SONG I SEARCHED????? Wtf????

Anyway, that's something really stupid and the only thing I could complain about. But it's easily fixed with a 64gb usb stick loaded with mp3s....

I hated it at first too, but it grows on you, it really does.

First, you can play the song again, you just have to go through a certain number of other songs before it allows you to play it again. best guess puts the number of songs somewhere 30-40.

And the strength of slacker is it's REALLY good at playing music from the same genre. So whatever kind of song you're into listening to, it'll play very similar songs thereafter until you change it again. This is more specific to song title, less specific to artists, as artists go through phases and styles in their career.

Reactions: jkirkwood001

Even after owning EVs and arguably the second best long range EV at a similar price point, there is no comparison at all.

I dropped by my old workplace on the way home and think I sold 2 of them taking out the VP of r&d and some of the other engineers for a test drive.

The acceleration of the AWD is nuts. I half punched it with my wife in the car when I got home and she yelled at me to never do that again :cool:

In terms of the car condition, I have a few minor paint issues (honestly I probably wouldn't have noticed them before knowing what to look for). That means I can't get the car ceramic coated until they are taken care of. But panel gaps and 99% of everything was perfect. Will take a closer inspection tomorrow.

That's awesome, congrats! I'm getting seriously pumped. Will be a big let down if the car doesn't make it there. Gonna stay positive.

That's awesome to hear. I'm so stoked, I can't wait.
I can just hear my wife saying the exact same thing. :)
Congrats again. !

I guess that was wishful thinking to expect version 9 and fobs. :)
I heard I can play Spotify from my iPhone X through the car. I hope that's true...

Reactions: Krakhaus

You must feel pretty lucky that you also live close to Maple View Mall. Of course, they have that large bank of Superchargers for you there.
I've been told they are planning to install them in Kitchener as well, but I haven't seen any permits pulled or anything as of yet, so I would think we still have at least 6 months assuming they are still planning to install here.

That's awesome, congrats! I'm getting seriously pumped. Will be a big let down if the car doesn't make it there. Gonna stay positive.
I would be very surprised if it wasn't there. My mvpa and final email from the DA came at 1030 last night, so it's really down to the wire.

But today was super fast. I could have been out in 20 min if I didn't take extra time to look over the car and note any paint issues. They also had to replace an aero wheel cover due to having some clear coat drips on it.

I did look for your car into he batch they were washing, most were for the 29th, but talking to the workers doing the washing, what I saw was a small subset of what is going out on the 29th.

There was also 2 trailers unloading model 3s as I left. I think anyone who has a delivery scheduled should be good to go.

• Informative
Reactions: jkirkwood001
You must feel pretty lucky that you also live close to Maple View Mall. Of course, they have that large bank of Superchargers for you there.
I've been told they are planning to install them in Kitchener as well, but I haven't seen any permits pulled or anything as of yet, so I would think we still have at least 6 months assuming they are still planning to install here.
I have an evse at home from having EVs since 2014, so I'll charge at home 99% of the time .I don't need supercharging speed, and it's about 2x more than charging at home since I just have the AWD and not P-AWD where supercharging is free.

I hated it at first too, but it grows on you, it really does.

First, you can play the song again, you just have to go through a certain number of other songs before it allows you to play it again. best guess puts the number of songs somewhere 30-40.

And the strength of slacker is it's REALLY good at playing music from the same genre. So whatever kind of song you're into listening to, it'll play very similar songs thereafter until you change it again. This is more specific to song title, less specific to artists, as artists go through phases and styles in their career.
It just doesn't make sense to me why they would prevent you from listening to the same song for 30-40 songs . I mean, if I want to listen to the same sing twice, or even 10x in a row, why do they care?

It just doesn't make sense to me why they would prevent you from listening to the same song for 30-40 songs . I mean, if I want to listen to the same sing twice, or even 10x in a row, why do they care?

I imagine cause they pay much lower royalties that way, which is what makes their business model tenable.

Just think -- if you play the same song 40 times in a row, and the artist and his mgmt. know you're doing that, wouldn't they expect to get paid more than if Slacker went to the artist and said "When someone searches Stairway to Heaven, we believe there are 12 songs from your artist we could include in the playlist, and here's the royalty rate."

Artists LOVE this, when they get paid for their catalog.

Can you tell I'm in licensing? ;)