Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got our TM3 on the 21st. Smooth for the delivery time; got a bank draft for a bit more than the amount on the TSLA site, so they owe us $25.00. Might keep as a memento! What gap tolerances do you think ok for the doors? Trunks seem fine. Just even overall as they can align a bit at SC?
Really happy with paint, especially hearing all the stories. Car handles amazing & my wife says it reduces her wrinkles on acceleration!!
Anyone going for tint; what % is recommended?

Congrats! Your going to love the car.
Caution regarding gaps, door or otherwise. Few things to possibly consider (hood and trunk gaps aside as the adjustable rubber bumpers can help fine tune)
- the only way to ‘change’ a gap is to adjust a door/panel or both
- adjusting a door to correct a gap variance along one edge will change the variance along the doors other edges
- the longest straight gap is along the entire length of the bottom of both doors. You WANT this gap to be consistent
- tilt a door slightly to correct a vertical gap will skew the lower horizontal gap.
- adjusting one panel affects the gap to all surrounding panels

You end up chasing gaps. IMO unless it’s a real eyesore I would rather live with it and avoid having the primed and painted fasteners and mated painted metal surfaces disturbed. Never really thought about gaps before joining Tesla forums. Checked my ‘14 Escape and the gaps on my 3 are more consistent.

Tint level is personal. Some tint for appearance, some for security, some for specific tint properties like heat reduction. Raw product price varies significantly and is usually reflected in the overall cost. Lots of threads on this.

Well, no M3 for me today. Called the onsite DA and my car is apparently in Canada but not yet on the lot. He says they won't be able to have it ready for my 2 pm appointment today.

This is so unacceptable. I have someone arranged to cover my on call shift till 5 pm, someone to drive us to the IC from London, my insurance is set to change over to the Tesla today and someone was expecting to get my old car today. I don't even know if I can get through to someone at the insurance company to let them know not to change it over today or if I'm even covered on the old car if I'm involved in an accident.

And the guy at the IC has no idea when the car will even be ready or where I will have to pick it up.

I feel sorry for the local TO guys, they are under a lot of pressure. But this kind of disorganization is making me wonder if I should have waited another year and purchased one of the Audi electric vehicles that are coming out next year instead of a Tesla.

Well, no M3 for me today. Called the onsite DA and my car is apparently in Canada but not yet on the lot. He says they won't be able to have it ready for my 2 pm appointment today.

This is so unacceptable. I have someone arranged to cover my on call shift till 5 pm, someone to drive us to the IC from London, my insurance is set to change over to the Tesla today and someone was expecting to get my old car today. I don't even know if I can get through to someone at the insurance company to let them know not to change it over today or if I'm even covered on the old car if I'm involved in an accident.

And the guy at the IC has no idea when the car will even be ready or where I will have to pick it up.

I feel sorry for the local TO guys, they are under a lot of pressure. But this kind of disorganization is making me wonder if I should have waited another year and purchased one of the Audi electric vehicles that are coming out next year instead of a Tesla.

Damn, sorry guys.

I would appreciate a phone call lol.. this is terrible service...i received an email last night asking me to confirm my account details...

What was the reason for rescheduling ?

Whsts the number for the o site DA?

I definitely feel your pain about receiving postponing notice at the last minute. I had already transferred ownership of old car so at least they provided me with rental. I’m trying to remain as positive as possible.

Sorry to hear about the reschedules for today. The impression I got yesterday is that today was going to be absolutely ridiculous with the number of cars they're trying to deliver. I think they realistically had to look at the volume and pare back so that people will get the attention they deserve. During my delivery yesterday I didn't feel rushed at all and they were awesome. I think they want that experience for everyone and they can only accommodate so many physical cars and people. I know it sucks I can total empathize. But as a few other people have stated, when you get your vehicle you will be so happy and it will be worth it. I completely agree with that.

I wrote out a longer description but thought maybe it was too long of a read. So here's a more precise summary that I think sums up the main points.

TL/DR Summary
- Model 3 Deep Blue Metallic, AWD, PuP, EAP, 18" Aero. Received car on Sep 28.

- delivery scheduled, cancelled, rescheduled, cancelled, rescheduled; it's been a roller coaster

- the night before get an e-mail that "car won't be ready for appointment" - determined,
I pushed my IDA for more details and she said the appointment will be the same day,
just later in the day; I'm fine with that (though I will still get there early because
of the train)

- take the train into the city - have to leave at 5 am!; no turning back! stuck if there is no car but I guess I can rent a car from the airport as a worst case

- show up not knowing if the car will really be there; it was! waited 2 hours chatting with volunteers about electric vehicles. It was a very friendly group and made it more fun than waiting there alone. The wait was only because of the reschedule. I saw other people come and only wait a few minutes. Interestingly, I spoke with 3 other people picking up cars: Two were getting Model X and one was getting a Model S. Didn't find anyone there picking up Model 3, surprisingly.

- On-site Tesla staff were awesome and friendly; didn't feel rushed at all

- While I'm not super happy with all the events leading up to the final delivery, I did end up driving away with a very good impression of the local delivery staff and ultimately my IDA

- Car is AWESOME! Looks beautiful, paint job seems perfect. Looked for 'gaps' and such but didn't notice anything that looks wrong (I'm definitely no expert). Phone app originally did not show the car; left without the app working. Tried the app again 2 hours later and the car showed up!

- Build date on the door say 9/18!! Surprised it was only built this month.

- Most important - wow this thing is FUN to drive. Test drove the RWD so I knew the car would be at least that fast. I definitely did not expect it to be this fast though! When I got on the highway I punched it and OMG. My old car was no slouch at 350 ft-lb torque/330 HP But this thing scared me! The instant torque is addictive. And so quiet while accelerating.

- Driving around Toronto during the day - tested charging at a Supercharger; worked great. While driving around the city there were a lot of people looking at the car. I would see a lot of people look at me as they drove by. It was kinda odd as I'm used to blending into the crowd and I'm not one to show off anything. The shiny blue definitely catches people's eyes. I just smiled back at them.

- All in all, so happy I finally have the car. I sincerely hope that everyone waiting gets their's as quickly as possible. Rest assured if your ultimate experience is the same as mine, once you get to the delivery center you will be treated very well and should have a great experience!

Damn, that sucks. I feel for you....I was kind of wishing earlier today that my appointment was also for today that way a bunch of us could have met up ...but I seems that there are just too many cars to deliver and some people are getting bumped.

In this situation they should provide a rental for you. Try calling the main tesla number or your DA to complain.

Reactions: Krakhaus