Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my appointment is for 12:00pm today.
I’m still on site right now, waiting.
My car is here, and I’m told I will get my car today.
I think they’re mostly waiting for the agreement from California to be updated.
Once that’s updated, they call you up.

It was cool when someone told me to see if my car was on site.
Apparently they activate the Tesla app to your car when you arrive and check in.
So I was a little afraid to check, in case my car wasn’t on site. :)
It was, and it was very cool to see the app alive. !
So, it’s a waiting game now.

The blue dot is me.
The red arrow is my Model 3 AWD

So close, yet so far. !

Attachments

• DCEAE1B2-F714-4B8A-97A0-878E91D74208.png
    DCEAE1B2-F714-4B8A-97A0-878E91D74208.png
    234 KB · Views: 62
Sorry to hear about the reschedules for today. The impression I got yesterday is that today was going to be absolutely ridiculous with the number of cars they're trying to deliver. I think they realistically had to look at the volume and pare back so that people will get the attention they deserve. During my delivery yesterday I didn't feel rushed at all and they were awesome. I think they want that experience for everyone and they can only accommodate so many physical cars and people. I know it sucks I can total empathize. But as a few other people have stated, when you get your vehicle you will be so happy and it will be worth it. I completely agree with that.

I feel that's a really charitable explanation. If that was the case I feel like they would just reschedule us for later in the week with the same car. But instead the vin is gone from my account and I'm back to September-November. I feel like they just wanted to get the car sold this quarter and managed to unload it somewhere else.

I'm just a little bitter due to the last minute email cancellation and spending an hour on hold with insurance to cancel it...

I feel that's a really charitable explanation. If that was the case I feel like they would just reschedule us for later in the week with the same car. But instead the vin is gone from my account and I'm back to September-November. I feel like they just wanted to get the car sold this quarter and managed to unload it somewhere else.

I'm just a little bitter due to the last minute email cancellation and spending an hour on hold with insurance to cancel it...

They cancelled mine twice. The last time, the VIN disappeared as well.
However, once it was finally rescheduled, the VIN was the same, so they didn’t give it to someone else. I was wondering though.

I’m sure the VIN will be the same. It does suck that it’s delayed though.

• Helpful
Reactions: jkirkwood001

Same..

Im on the phone with tesla now...

They say they dont know what happened to the vehicle... and i will likely get a new vin..

So do i cancel this insurance now!?

This is pretty terrible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180929-102450_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180929-102450_Samsung Internet.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20180929-102348_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20180929-102348_Gmail.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20180929-102327_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20180929-102327_Gmail.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 38
My delivery is all set and scheduled for Monday October 8 at Lawrence.
Yesterday, I get a text message from some other Tesla Scheduling Advisor who I have never heard from before telling me that my car is ready to be picked up the next day / tomorrow (which is now today) at Lawrence between 3 and 5 and can I tell them when I want to come!
That is crazy. Even if I didn’t already have a scheduled delivery for next week, do they really think giving one day notice would be enough for such a major purchase?
I am travelling overseas which is why I had to schedule my delivery for next week and I only saw his message today. If I find out that they gave my car away to someone else (even though I have a vin and a scheduled delivery for next Monday) I am going to be pissed.

I picked up my Model 3 LR, AWD, Red, Aero on Thursday afternoon. This is Tesla #4.

I must have beat the rush at the International Centre. My delivery was on-time, everything was in order, and the car looks and drives great.
I was in and out of the International Centre in less than 30 minutes. Had a great chat with several other owners from our local Tesla Motors Club while I was waiting for my coffee to brew!

My only issue I'm seeing is that the phone key doesn't seem to be 100% reliable. My wife and I are both driving the car, and sometimes the car will only open automatically with her phone. If I open the car with the Tesla app from my phone, then it seems to switch over.

If you have any tips on making this more reliable, let me know via PM. I've been trying to go through all of the threads regarding the phone key, but haven't found the answer yet.

Reactions: Amandeep
I like many of you received the dreaded Rescheduled email this morning. My pickup was at 1:30 today. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I called the Tesla rep and he initially provided little info and apologized. I pressed him a little and he indicated that my vehicle was on one of the cars near the back of the train and would hopefully come off soon as it was taking much longer than anticipated. He said I would be called asap with a pickup time.

I picked up my Model 3 LR, AWD, Red, Aero on Thursday afternoon. This is Tesla #4.

I must have beat the rush at the International Centre. My delivery was on-time, everything was in order, and the car looks and drives great.
I was in and out of the International Centre in less than 30 minutes. Had a great chat with several other owners from our local Tesla Motors Club while I was waiting for my coffee to brew!

My only issue I'm seeing is that the phone key doesn't seem to be 100% reliable. My wife and I are both driving the car, and sometimes the car will only open automatically with her phone. If I open the car with the Tesla app from my phone, then it seems to switch over.

If you have any tips on making this more reliable, let me know via PM. I've been trying to go through all of the threads regarding the phone key, but haven't found the answer yet.[/QUOTE

A guy at my club has a model 3 and we talked.. i got to drive it. He talked about the phone key issue.. he said it seems to only remeber who used it last. It also took him about 5 tries with the keycard swipe on the console... he said that the biggest issue he has with it

Had a reply to my text from earlier, just saying they'll contact me directly once they have a firm dat from their logistics team
Had the expected follow up last night saying: "Thank you for confirming your availability. We are unable to schedule your delivery this weekend. We sincerely apologize for this, but will reach out as soon as a car becomes available."

Not really sure what the point of the mass texts were in the first place.

I picked up my AWD today !
Appointment was for 12:00.
Didn’t get in the car until 3:30pm.
That was all wait time, because the process was quick and smooth once they brought me in.
Car is in perfect shape also.

Holy smokes. This is much faster than I thought it would be. From a dead stop, it makes your stomach queazy. :)
My wife asked me not to do that again. :)

I’ve been driving most of the afternoon.
So much fun. !

The delays were frustrating, but it’s true, you forget all about it once you get in your car.

Oh ya, had the die cast red model 3 in the console. :)

Damn, that sucks. I feel for you....I was kind of wishing earlier today that my appointment was also for today that way a bunch of us could have met up ...but I seems that there are just too many cars to deliver and some people are getting bumped.

In this situation they should provide a rental for you. Try calling the main tesla number or your DA to complain.

I have been having communication With an on-site DA. My car simply wasn't there yet. He apologized profusely especially knowing it isn't easy for me to get there from London during delivery hours and probably the next time I can get to Toronto is next Saturday He is looking at options to get it to me.

Honestly though, I can't think of any other company that would Schedule an appointment with a customer if they weren't 100% sure the vehicle would be there and ready.

I still have my car and the insurance is in order. I just have to wait.

Glad you are enjoying yours!