Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my AWD today !
Appointment was for 12:00.
Didn’t get in the car until 3:30pm.
That was all wait time, because the process was quick and smooth once they brought me in.
Car is in perfect shape also.

Holy smokes. This is much faster than I thought it would be. From a dead stop, it makes your stomach queazy. :)
My wife asked me not to do that again. :)

I’ve been driving most of the afternoon.
So much fun. !

The delays were frustrating, but it’s true, you forget all about it once you get in your car.

Oh ya, had the die cast red model 3 in the console. :)

I picked mine at 6:00PM around 3 hours delay and I echo with what you said. The girls had a beautiful surprise and honestly you have to experience the instant torque. My wife was never really into cars and much to my surprise she said that she wants to keep this car. This is an amazing car and all I can say to guys who got rescheduled just hang in there and you will forget everything.

Today was rough; Showed up at 1:30pm, left at 6:30pm. Quite chaotic.

However, in the end, it was all worth it.

The volunteers there from the owners club were spectacular. They were really able to help out and got me through setting up the car, and finding a rep to track down my papers.

Apparently, they delivered 300 today, but there's (only) another 40 tomorrow (how nuts!)

I have been having communication With an on-site DA. My car simply wasn't there yet. He apologized profusely especially knowing it isn't easy for me to get there from London during delivery hours and probably the next time I can get to Toronto is next Saturday He is looking at options to get it to me.

Honestly though, I can't think of any other company that would Schedule an appointment with a customer if they weren't 100% sure the vehicle would be there and ready.

I still have my car and the insurance is in order. I just have to wait.

Glad you are enjoying yours!
Im on my 4th scheduled delivery date...im in sales...ive paid out of pocket to correct errors on behalf of my company.

I havent even received a phone call.

Sorry if this is sidetracking the thread, but for thirds who have the M3s, do you all have the rainbow effect happening on your glass roofs? I remember seeing pics online of cars with both panels having the effect, but noticed I only get it on my front roof panel.

This is an example of cars I’ve seen online:
B52B186D-142D-4B9A-A911-53192CB70B0E.jpeg

And here is mine this morning:
9A1282CC-593E-457E-984B-F9AC6626F66C.jpeg

Looking forward to compare pics with others who have recently accepted delivery.

Car is still great. Lol.

Sorry if this is sidetracking the thread, but for thirds who have the M3s, do you all have the rainbow effect happening on your glass roofs? I remember seeing pics online of cars with both panels having the effect, but noticed I only get it on my front roof panel.

This is an example of cars I’ve seen online:
View attachment 339370

And here is mine this morning:
View attachment 339371

Looking forward to compare pics with others who have recently accepted delivery.

Car is still great. Lol.
They changed the coating layer makeup sometime in the summer. There are a bunch of threads on this, its functionally the same as what we get right now in terms of IR and UV rejection, just that the red is more reflected. Check the main model 3 forum and you will see a thread on there about it....I'll try and link it here if I can find it....

Edit: try this thread...I started reading it a while back, but its long and I got busy with other stuff....

glass roof - production change (July 2018)?

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Techniques
How did u get a rental? Lol ive been renting since the 13th... ive had 3 delays.
I basically complained and explained that I had confirmed deliveries via email and my Tesla account multiple times and I already transferred ownership so I expected my car or be provided with a rental. There was some back and forth and a supervisor was involved. They ended up arranging it.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
So you left, then came back after the show?

yeah thats right! lol
Apparently, there was another delivery right before i came back too. Maybe a dozen employees in the back still prepping cars. The delivery experience was pretty much ruined by then, i signed the paperwork quickly, took no pictures and left as soon as i could. I wouldn't even have minded a 2AM delivery, just let me know I wouldn't have shown up at 3:30pm, or hell even when there just tell us to leave and come back some other still around like i'm in line to see a Dr.

I'll agree with others that you'll forget about it after driving the car, I love it! But wow one of the crappiest customer experiences to ruin a special moment which was culminating 2+ years of waiting.

Last edited:
They changed the coating layer makeup sometime in the summer. There are a bunch of threads on this, its functionally the same as what we get right now in terms of IR and UV rejection, just that the red is more reflected. Check the main model 3 forum and you will see a thread on there about it....I'll try and link it here if I can find it....

Edit: try this thread...I started reading it a while back, but its long and I got busy with other stuff....

glass roof - production change (July 2018)?
Ahhh sorry should have searched. Appreciate the link.

Those of you picking up AWD non-performance cars, are you all previous owners with early reservations? I’m curious.

I have an order for Obsidian Black AWD aero wheels. I have a VIN and originally got an email from “Mandy McBride” in Fremont for a Sept 26 delivery. Then a guy named PK in Toronto emailed separately to schedule “Early October” not knowing I already had a scheduled date. So I called and he confirmed the Sept 26 date was. Or possible. Car wasn’t even in Canada yet.

It must be close, but unfortunately I don’t have the car yet :(

So I picked up yesterday and my account is still asking me to confirm my details and telling me delivery is estimated "Sept.'18 - Nov.'18" -- how re-assuring...

Anyone else seeing this?

The app works fine, but the my account page is all broken..

Glad you got it! Still have to speak to my DA tomorrow to figure out when and where I pick mine up. Probably Oakville now. I'm not able to get away from work early enough any day this week until Saturday. Sigh...

Those of you picking up AWD non-performance cars, are you all previous owners with early reservations? I’m curious.

I have an order for Obsidian Black AWD aero wheels. I have a VIN and originally got an email from “Mandy McBride” in Fremont for a Sept 26 delivery. Then a guy named PK in Toronto emailed separately to schedule “Early October” not knowing I already had a scheduled date. So I called and he confirmed the Sept 26 date was. Or possible. Car wasn’t even in Canada yet.

It must be close, but unfortunately I don’t have the car yet :(
I feel guilty admitting this because so many have had their deliveries delayed, but in the interest of science here goes:

-non tesla owner
-very late reservation (June 2018)
-ordered AWD July 3, delivery window Aug/Oct
-changed colour July 21, delivery window Oct/Dec, then changed to Sept/Nov 2 weeks later
-changed colour sept 4 and added EAP, delivery window unchanged
-picked up at IC sept 27th
-paid cash, no trade in

I don't know why I got the car before so many people who have waited 2 years. Maybe because I paid cash, maybe because I had no trade in. Maybe because I got lucky and matched a cancellation....either way, I'm both happy to have the car, but feel guilty about those who don't have it and have waited longer...

I feel guilty admitting this because so many have had their deliveries delayed, but in the interest of science here goes:

-non tesla owner
-very late reservation (June 2018)
-ordered AWD July 3, delivery window Aug/Oct
-changed colour July 21, delivery window Oct/Dec, then changed to Sept/Nov 2 weeks later
-changed colour sept 4 and added EAP, delivery window unchanged
-picked up at IC sept 27th
-paid cash, no trade in

I don't know why I got the car before so many people who have waited 2 years. Maybe because I paid cash, maybe because I had no trade in. Maybe because I got lucky and matched a cancellation....either way, I'm both happy to have the car, but feel guilty about those who don't have it and have waited longer...

No need to feel guilty. It is a great mystery how the delivery times work. I'm sure all of the above factors and then some are in play. Glad you are enjoying yours and we will all get ours soon enough.

After my car not being there yesterday even though I had a 2 pm appt, a new guy I've never spoken to before called me while I was at work today at 2:30 and asked if I was available to come to the IC and pick mine up today by 4. I asked if he had even read my profile since I am in London and even if I could get a lift there right at that moment (which I couldn't) it is a 2 hour drive and I would never make it there.

The other DA (PK) knows my situation and is supposedly working on options to get me my M3 along with my original DA Annujaan. So it kind of ticked me off that this other guy calls up with a ridiculous offer that he should know I can't do. It just seems like none of these Tesla guys are communicating with one another...

Well, no M3 for me today. Called the onsite DA and my car is apparently in Canada but not yet on the lot. He says they won't be able to have it ready for my 2 pm appointment today.

This is so unacceptable. I have someone arranged to cover my on call shift till 5 pm, someone to drive us to the IC from London, my insurance is set to change over to the Tesla today and someone was expecting to get my old car today. I don't even know if I can get through to someone at the insurance company to let them know not to change it over today or if I'm even covered on the old car if I'm involved in an accident.

And the guy at the IC has no idea when the car will even be ready or where I will have to pick it up.

I feel sorry for the local TO guys, they are under a lot of pressure. But this kind of disorganization is making me wonder if I should have waited another year and purchased one of the Audi electric vehicles that are coming out next year instead of a Tesla.

Sorry to hear your story, @Krakhaus. That sucks. Your car will come, I hope very soon, and I believe you will love it. Pulling for you!

• Love
Reactions: Krakhaus