Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once again my appointment has been cancelled. Now they tell me my VIN has been given to someone else. The car never made it to Canada... My agent tells me that the red cars are in low supply. I told him I would consider silver metallic. He also tells me that he would look into getting my deposit refunded if I choose. I feel like walking away. If I hadn't installed a wall connector I'd certainly walk away. He says he'll get back to me. This is unbelievable.

My stats:
Reserved in Jan 2018
Ordered at the end of June.
Had VIN assigned.
Sept 30th appointment cancelled the day before
Oct 6th appointment. No call or text. Noticed it online.
Now no VIN assigned and delivery estimated at Sept -Nov.
Red AWD, EAP, 19" wheels
I also considered walking away..the reality is..there no going back to ice makers..and tesla the only option for an ev..

I guess misery loves company and it is obvious that my story is not unique. What will it be like if I need service? Will this terrible customer service continue? At what point do I stop walking down this garden path? If there was a real alternative I'd be gone.

I guess I'd continue to keep the faith. I sure hope this car is worth it.

This is the thing that scares me the most. I can wait a week or 2 or 3 or whatever to get the car, but what happens when these cars need to be serviced? Will we get misinformation, radio silence and constant delays? It's one thing for me to not have this car as I own a different one, but what happens when I need to get it serviced and I don't have a backup?

The sad part about this ordeal for me is that I think everyone here would be ok if they told them that their car is coming in 1 month and to be ready for it. What gets under my skin is the update that then changes and changes and then silence. This is the worst thing you can do in customer service.

• Disagree
Reactions: YusufT
Fyi, I swung by the Oakville SC on my way home today and noticed quite a few Model 3s on the lot. I checked a few VINs to we if any were mine and wanted to share that the VINs sitting on the lot seemed to be AWD with high 109 to low 110 VIN numbers.

Sadly mine didn't seem to be one of them.

This is the thing that scares me the most. I can wait a week or 2 or 3 or whatever to get the car, but what happens when these cars need to be serviced? Will we get misinformation, radio silence and constant delays? It's one thing for me to not have this car as I own a different one, but what happens when I need to get it serviced and I don't have a backup?

The sad part about this ordeal for me is that I think everyone here would be ok if they told them that their car is coming in 1 month and to be ready for it. What gets under my skin is the update that then changes and changes and then silence. This is the worst thing you can do in customer service.
What is wrong with you guys. You will get your car relax. You guys are just extra upset because of how excited you guys are, but when you get the car it’ll be worth it. The service centre is nothing like this and they give you rentals free of charge to you to use.

My first service experience was great! I picked up my car this past Friday. It didn't have EAP enabled (I added it before delivery but not on the original order). On Monday I phoned the service number and it connected me with Oakville. The guy answered and connected to my car remotely. He put in a work order. This morning when I went to drive EAP was activated! So definitely a fast turn-around for a remote service. I know it's not a physical repair but the guy was very friendly as responsive.

He also ordered a new turn stalk for me - since apparently there was a bad batch of defective ones (which I have so it seems). The issue is the stalk does not detect a 'light' press when signalling left. He indicated that when the part is in we can schedule an appointment. It's not a huge issue. Let's see how long it takes...

Reactions: PFC12
Fyi, I swung by the Oakville SC on my way home today and noticed quite a few Model 3s on the lot. I checked a few VINs to we if any were mine and wanted to share that the VINs sitting on the lot seemed to be AWD with high 109 to low 110 VIN numbers.

Sadly mine didn't seem to be one of them.

Did you notice any 107's? Mine is supposed to be transferred from the IC to Oakville for a Saturday pickup. It will be a huge disappointment if it isn't there and I am left without a scheduled delivery for a second time.

Did you notice any 107's? Mine is supposed to be transferred from the IC to Oakville for a Saturday pickup. It will be a huge disappointment if it isn't there and I am left without a scheduled delivery for a second time.

Going to drop by tomorrow after work to check on mine. I'll see if I can spot yours too. Though I feel everything is going to happen super last minute...

• Love
Reactions: Krakhaus
What is wrong with you guys. You will get your car relax. You guys are just extra upset because of how excited you guys are, but when you get the car it’ll be worth it. The service centre is nothing like this and they give you rentals free of charge to you to use.

It's not about getting my car it is about a complete lack of communication or miscommunication. For a person who is in the customer service industry and one who owns a reasonable amount of Tesla stock it is concerning. They need to fix this and quickly.
They are doubling production every quarter and the next thing to be a problem is "service hell".

Guys I totally empathize with you all. I was one of the volunteers there last week helping with questions and orientation and it was frustrating for everyone. As you have seen and heard the paperwork process was what caused most delays. Everything is generated from Fremont and they had to wait until everything was posted online.
This was happening everywhere and believe me the Tesla staff aren't happy with the process either, so I would think it is a high priority to get fixed. I think they were hoping to deliver mores cars but everything was backed up because of the delays. The lease of the International Center expired on Sunday so that’s why all the cars had to be moved.
I’m glad we were there to help pass the time and offer tips etc. It has been said over and over that getting your car makes it all worth it and that is 100% true. I have owned different Tesla’s for almost 6 years and would never go back to an ICE car.
The local staff are awesome and the service departments are great.
If you would like more info and to join our club go to Ontario.teslaownersclub.ca We are officially sanctioned by Tesla.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

John Dixon
President and Founder

Guys I totally empathize with you all. I was one of the volunteers there last week helping with questions and orientation and it was frustrating for everyone. As you have seen and heard the paperwork process was what caused most delays. Everything is generated from Fremont and they had to wait until everything was posted online.
This was happening everywhere and believe me the Tesla staff aren't happy with the process either, so I would think it is a high priority to get fixed. I think they were hoping to deliver mores cars but everything was backed up because of the delays. The lease of the International Center expired on Sunday so that’s why all the cars had to be moved.
I’m glad we were there to help pass the time and offer tips etc. It has been said over and over that getting your car makes it all worth it and that is 100% true. I have owned different Tesla’s for almost 6 years and would never go back to an ICE car.
The local staff are awesome and the service departments are great.
If you would like more info and to join our club go to Ontario.teslaownersclub.ca We are officially sanctioned by Tesla.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

John Dixon
President and Founder
I was in Portland, OR with a friend awaiting delivery and I will confirm this very problem. We waited 6 hr on paperwork after having driven 4 hr to get there (with another 4 hr to get home). You will get your car, it just may take longer than you would like. Oh, by the way, that waiting was nothing. I purchased my first EV in 2011, after having waited 20 years!!!!! I rode a bicycle in every imaginable type of weather (yes, that includes -25F, +110F, rain, snow, ice, and lightning, sorry but no hurricanes or tornados) just so I wouldn’t give any money to the oilers. Let Tesla deliver everything to the US until our tax credit gets reduced after 12/31. International deliveries will definitely ramp up in 2019.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
It's not about getting my car it is about a complete lack of communication or miscommunication. For a person who is in the customer service industry and one who owns a reasonable amount of Tesla stock it is concerning. They need to fix this and quickly.
They are doubling production every quarter and the next thing to be a problem is "service hell".
Do you think Tesla wants it to be like that? You really think they’re not hearing everyone who is upset and doing nothing about it? It’s a problem every growing company has. In this case Tesla is growing faster than they can expand, and you guys are giving them *sugar* for it. When the first Canadian push happened in June it wasn’t this bad at all. If it was up to Tesla you’d get your car tomorrow with thorough communication which is ideal. You can see how many more deliveries they have going on vs a couple months ago. They’re adapting, stop beating them down while they do.

Reactions: oakvillemike
Yay!! Gary from Tesla Oakville (no previous contact with him) just called me and confirmed my car is there and moved my appt up to 3 pm as it's not going to be as busy then as at 4.

So it's happening for real.

Best of luck to all the others with appointments this weekend or who haven't heard yet.

Will report back on the experience.

Yay!

Just got back from Oakville. My car is there. They have a few other red ones too now

Scheduled for 11am on Saturday. Can hardly wait!

Yay!! Gary from Tesla Oakville (no previous contact with him) just called me and confirmed my car is there and moved my appt up to 3 pm as it's not going to be as busy then as at 4.

So it's happening for real.

Best of luck to all the others with appointments this weekend or who haven't heard yet.

Will report back on the experience.

So happy for you, @Krakhaus!! Hope everything goes well and quickly!

Reactions: Krakhaus