Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just informed my car is stuck in Chicago so my delivery date for tomorrow is now moved (again) to Oct 13. Same VIN. My account is updated with new date as well. Really hoped I would get it for long weekend but patience is a virtue I guess:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that @PAWilson, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. You have the patience of a saint! I'm hoping to find tomorrow that it is worth the wait.

Dude.. i just got the email.... says i can pick up friday at 11 30... just in time for my drive to muskoka for thanksgiving.

If only i could trust it 100 percent.

Picked er up today....its un freaking real. Thank god.

The guys at tesla lawrence were also fantastic. Ishac and francois.. went above and beyond. Theyll also let me buy auto pilot for 6600 whenever i want. :)

Well I hope my 3rd appointment is a charm. My delivery agent told me that red are back ordered. He asked if I liked any other colours. I told him my first choice was silver. A few hours later I have a VIN for a silver metallic AWD with 19” wheels and EAP and a Tuesday appointment.
Damn, good luck and crazy that they have a silver one for you that fast! Initially I didn't like the Silver, but they look great live (all colors look great), but now you'll have one of the rare ones. Both because they aren't making them any more and because not many people ordered silver.

Did they offer anything else for the inconveniences?

There it is.. safe and sound...

Effortless.. butter smoothe.

Attachments

• 20181005_162341.jpg
    20181005_162341.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 66
No I did not receive an incentive other and delivery soon and lower price for silver metallic. Honestly silver was my original choice. I chose red when i changed my config to AWD. Honestly silver suits my personality better. It is also easy to keep clean. The silver cars in photos looked washed out but in person I think they look great. I like how they look with the 19" and the Aeros. I'm getting the 19"s but I'll likely get the aeros for winter tires. I currently drive an Audi A4 in black. it is impossible to keep clean.

Gdelean, your Silver metallic car looks awesome.

I can't wait until Tuesday. I stopped by Oakville and they must have 50 model 3's. This is the most I've ever seen there. Unfortunately my car was not there.

Reactions: Gdelean
My turn came yesterday! I had a long drive back home but 4h on Autopilot was flawless, was watching it like a hawk but I don't think I would have kept my cool through long-weekend-Toronto-traffic otherwise :). Will post later with pics, it was late and my buddy took the pics and hasn't sent them yet. All in all great.. Had a few minor paint things but nothing big that I felt I needed to raise with the DA.

Reactions: dusdev and Krakhaus
No I did not receive an incentive other and delivery soon and lower price for silver metallic. Honestly silver was my original choice. I chose red when i changed my config to AWD. Honestly silver suits my personality better. It is also easy to keep clean. The silver cars in photos looked washed out but in person I think they look great. I like how they look with the 19" and the Aeros. I'm getting the 19"s but I'll likely get the aeros for winter tires. I currently drive an Audi A4 in black. it is impossible to keep clean.

Gdelean, your Silver metallic car looks awesome.

I can't wait until Tuesday. I stopped by Oakville and they must have 50 model 3's. This is the most I've ever seen there. Unfortunately my car was not there.

Silver is a very nice choice for hiding dirt and my 8 years old silver truck still looks new. I kinda regret getting the red 3 with paint flaws and wish I ordered blue instead. I have to wait till the end of Oct for a bodyshop appointment.

Picked my Model 3 up at the Oakville Store. The Borg is now mine! Great experience. Jawa was really thorough. In and out in 30 minutes. I was the only person taking a delivery at the time.

We both scanned the car and couldn't find a thing wrong with it. The blue is gorgeous, looks so different in various lighting conditions.

And the power is amazing. It really goes. and I haven't really been able to test it yet on a back road.

So far I am loving it. Looking forward to playing around with it and taking it on a road trip!

Hoping all the forum posters who are still waiting get their cars soon. This is so fun and definitely worth the wait!

Attachments

• IMG_20181006_1537338.jpg
    IMG_20181006_1537338.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20181006_1538265.jpg
    IMG_20181006_1538265.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 44
Picked my Model 3 up at the Oakville Store. The Borg is now mine! Great experience. Jawa was really thorough. In and out in 30 minutes. I was the only person taking a delivery at the time.

We both scanned the car and couldn't find a thing wrong with it. The blue is gorgeous, looks so different in various lighting conditions.

And the power is amazing. It really goes. and I haven't really been able to test it yet on a back road.

So far I am loving it. Looking forward to playing around with it and taking it on a road trip!

Hoping all the forum posters who are still waiting get their cars soon. This is so fun and definitely worth the wait!

Finally! Congrats!

That's a wicked name: You will be one with Tesla, we will assimilate you, lol.

I've tentatively named mine Spectre, since it's white like a ghost and kind of like a James Bond car....but I'm thinking of changing it to Ecto-1 :)

Reactions: Krakhaus
Finally! Congrats!

That's a wicked name: You will be one with Tesla, we will assimilate you, lol.

I've tentatively named mine Spectre, since it's white like a ghost and kind of like a James Bond car....but I'm thinking of changing it to Ecto-1 :)

Tough choice in names! Both are cool.

The drive back from Oakville to London was fun. Kind of thinking I should have gotten EAP though.

Tough choice in names! Both are cool.

The drive back from Oakville to London was fun. Kind of thinking I should have gotten EAP though.
I can tell you I was on the fence for EAP, but am glad I got it. If you highway drive, it's worth it. You may still be able to add it for 6600 after delivery....one time a delivery agent in Cali told me tesla will add it up to 30 days after delivery, but it was kind of an un written rule. Maybe PM @Gdelean as he mentioned they are letting him add it for 6600 anytime (?) and get some details how he scored that.

If you are ever in the Burlington area I'm more than happy to let you try it out on mine. @5_+JqckQttqck let me drive his, and that convinced me...least I can do is do the same for another new owner :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Krakhaus
Is this normal? My Tesla portal was updated on Thursday with a VIN, but my reservation number is also still there. The Montreal store is all out of wall connectors and I was told to order online. However, when I go to checkout, it says “as gift or without VIN”. Has anyone else had this happen?

Also my delivery is scheduled for Tuesday morning, but no one from Tesla has emailed/called me. I think they’re closed on Sunday and then Monday for thanksgiving. So still no clue who I have to make my certified check out to. When have they contacted others who already have their cars?

Is this normal? My Tesla portal was updated on Thursday with a VIN, but my reservation number is also still there. The Montreal store is all out of wall connectors and I was told to order online. However, when I go to checkout, it says “as gift or without VIN”. Has anyone else had this happen?

Also my delivery is scheduled for Tuesday morning, but no one from Tesla has emailed/called me. I think they’re closed on Sunday and then Monday for thanksgiving. So still no clue who I have to make my certified check out to. When have they contacted others who already have their cars?

Canadian Thanksgiving, not American. You can call them whenever.

I think it's normal, your reservation number will always be there, even after they assign you a VIN. Anytime you call Tesla they ask for the RN, not the VIN.

When I ordered the wall connector it didn't ask me anything like that. I hadn't even received a VIN at that point. Did you sign in with your account ID and password? If not, maybe that's why you got that message. Then it knows you have a reservation. Mine came in about 3 or 4 days. I was shocked it was that quick.

I was contacted kind of out of the blue by text from California with a delivery date, before I even had a VIN, which came after a few hours when I checked my account. I also didn't even know who my delivery advisor would be.

I called the main Tesla number in California and they put me through to my DA there and I didn't even know I had one yet. That person then gave me the name and email of my local DA here. It was all kind of weird. But once I spoke to Annujaan, my guy in Toronto things came together. Even though I didn't get the car on the original date and had to wait another week, the delivery experience at the dealership was great and the car is amazing!

The cheque is made out to Tesla Motors Canada ULC. And don't worry if there ends up being a discrepancy between what you make the cashier's cheque out for and the final amount, you can give a personal cheque or use a credit card for that.

Hope this helps and it all works out for you!

• Informative
Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
I can tell you I was on the fence for EAP, but am glad I got it. If you highway drive, it's worth it. You may still be able to add it for 6600 after delivery....one time a delivery agent in Cali told me tesla will add it up to 30 days after delivery, but it was kind of an un written rule. Maybe PM @Gdelean as he mentioned they are letting him add it for 6600 anytime (?) and get some details how he scored that.

If you are ever in the Burlington area I'm more than happy to let you try it out on mine. @5_+JqckQttqck let me drive his, and that convinced me...least I can do is do the same for another new owner :)

I do drive on the highway and back roads with almost no traffic, 60 km commute each way. So I probably should have got the EAP. I think I'll call my Oakville delivery guy back and see if I can still get it for that price. Thanks for the offer to try it out. Not sure when I'll be back that way, but if I am I'll be sure to reach out to you. Everyone on this board has been really helpful.

I just love the way the car handles - it's so fun to drive!

I think it's normal, your reservation number will always be there, even after they assign you a VIN. Anytime you call Tesla they ask for the RN, not the VIN.

When I ordered the wall connector it didn't ask me anything like that. I hadn't even received a VIN at that point. Did you sign in with your account ID and password? If not, maybe that's why you got that message. Then it knows you have a reservation. Mine came in about 3 or 4 days. I was shocked it was that quick.

I was contacted kind of out of the blue by text from California with a delivery date, before I even had a VIN, which came after a few hours when I checked my account. I also didn't even know who my delivery advisor would be.

I called the main Tesla number in California and they put me through to my DA there and I didn't even know I had one yet. That person then gave me the name and email of my local DA here. It was all kind of weird. But once I spoke to Annujaan, my guy in Toronto things came together. Even though I didn't get the car on the original date and had to wait another week, the delivery experience at the dealership was great and the car is amazing!

The cheque is made out to Tesla Motors Canada ULC. And don't worry if there ends up being a discrepancy between what you make the cashier's cheque out for and the final amount, you can give a personal cheque or use a credit card for that.

Hope this helps and it all works out for you!

Yes I did sign in to my account when trying to order the wall connector but it seems my VIN isn’t being carried over. I’d tried to buy one at the Montreal Tesla store a few weeks ago but they told me I need my VIN on the bill of sale in order to get the government rebate. That’s why I’m hesitating to order it online in the current situation. I’ll take your advice and call Tesla California to try and get in touch with my DA here in Montreal. Thanks for your help.

upload_2018-10-6_23-26-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-6_23-26-16.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-6_23-26-16.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 37
Yes I did sign in to my account when trying to order the wall connector but it seems my VIN isn’t being carried over. I’d tried to buy one at the Montreal Tesla store a few weeks ago but they told me I need my VIN on the bill of sale in order to get the government rebate. That’s why I’m hesitating to order it online in the current situation. I’ll take your advice and call Tesla California to try and get in touch with my DA here in Montreal. Thanks for your help.

View attachment 341556

Ah yes, I forgot about the rebate. We lucky Ontarians don't have to worry about pesky little details like that anymore. No rebates for anything here...thanks Doug Ford!

Best of luck to you!