Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Frozen,

I ordered a performance in June to jump the queue ahead of the hundreds of AWDs that received theirs last month. ;-) I still haven't received mine. It is scheduled for next week but I have zero confidence in actually seeing the car on this date. I also have been delayed multiple times. I have insured the car and cancelled twice now.

What colour is yours? I understand the reds are taking longer. Also the white seats are taking longer. Both I have unfortunately. I did not reserve early and don't own a Tesla. The delays are aggravating but I understand the car is worth it.

Hang in there! The day will come for both of us.

Have to jump in here to say we were so much more fortunate than many of you as we just had a fantastic, date change free experience. We must have just lucked out with the border crossing as our "T3SSA" was delivered at the IC on a sunny am on Sept 21st. Could not find a fault with our mc red paint, no swirls, etc & the white interior is perfect. We received our model car inside the console too! As so many have stated, we just are super impressed with the drivability in most ways. Our car is now at Inception for PP & tinting. Getting their T3 package.
If the EAP is available at the better price, we'll do that soon. Just have to encourage everyone who is still frustrated, to breath. Your wait will be way more rewarding once you get those euphoric first few hours with your vehicle.

Well just received another disappointing update that my newest delivery date of Oct 13th is now cancelled and replaced with Nov 6th :mad:. Supposedly major train delays of shipments going into / out of Chicago (or whatever the real reason is). Clearly not happy with this news. I will hold out hope they are giving a date far into the future to temper expectations and then hopefully provide a delivery date earlier as a "bonus". Anyhow as Tom Petty sang..."Waiting in the hardest part". Definitely part of the playlist when I take ownership. The first line is hopefully how I will feel...
"Oh baby don't it feel like heaven right now
Don't it feel like something from a dream
Yeah I've never known nothing quite like this
Don't it feel like tonight might never be again"

So sorry to hear that. The whole delivery thing is a great mystery. However frustrating this is for you, just know that you will be thrilled with your M3 when you get it. I have had a ton of fun driving mine this week. I've only had it for 5 days but I already can't imagine going back to an ICE vehicle. I have to take our other car to work tomorrow (so my husband can drive clients around in the Borg) and it just won't be any fun.

I really hope you get it on the 6th or sooner. Stay optimistic

Thanks, @bijan.

Hmm, I don't have Tesla notifications at top left. Only in the app. Not sure if that's why, and how to turn on notifications.

I will try to look into how to enable that notification. Note there will be a little Tesla icon top left of you have it and dragging down from the top of the screen will reveal the notification. It might be related to the Android version as it is required by Android 7 or 8 and up since newer android will kill background services if the app is not actively running and there is no notification. But I know the one time the car didn't unlock for me the notification was missing (I'm guessing because the app crashed or was force closed). And starting the app brought back the notification and unlocked the car.

Also there were several threads when this notification was added a few weeks ago to say that it really improved android key reliability. And also lots of complaints by people who don't like notifications cluttering their screen.

I will try to look into how to enable that notification.

Looks like on my phone it is enabled by doing:
Settings
General
Apps & notifications
Notifications
Apps
Then scrolling all the way to Tesla and making sure the slider is enabled.

Also in the Tesla app you can go and click settings (gear icon) and then click notifications and then choose your model 3 and make sure the check mark is there on the left to enable notifications. You can then enable whichever additional notifications you want such as charge complete etc. I guess the important part is selecting the car and enabling notifications in general.

Just got the email. Delayed until November. If they change the vin I will cancel and reorder in the spring.
That's too bad. On the site, they finally added my appointment and the VIN for the first time. So far, no change for me. I popped by oakville and saw cars with my config (colour and everything) on the lot with higher VINs than mine. Yet mine is still in transit. So the whole delivery thing is baffling.

Have to jump in here to say we were so much more fortunate than many of you as we just had a fantastic, date change free experience. We must have just lucked out with the border crossing as our "T3SSA" was delivered at the IC on a sunny am on Sept 21st. Could not find a fault with our mc red paint, no swirls, etc & the white interior is perfect. We received our model car inside the console too! As so many have stated, we just are super impressed with the drivability in most ways. Our car is now at Inception for PP & tinting. Getting their T3 package.
If the EAP is available at the better price, we'll do that soon. Just have to encourage everyone who is still frustrated, to breath. Your wait will be way more rewarding once you get those euphoric first few hours with your vehicle.

Hi Corla and Stan! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I would never have thought I would have been so impacted by the cancellations. Each time I get excited and then get let down shortly before the big day.

It is interesting that you ordered your car on the exact same date as mine with exactly the same config (without EAP/FSD). You did reserve earlier so you did deserve yours first!

I would be really interesting in knowing if your VIN is close to mine. Can I PM you my VIN? It would be really interesting if they were the same ;-) I got my VIN in late August. When did you get yours?

Thanks again for trying to make things better.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
That's too bad. On the site, they finally added my appointment and the VIN for the first time. So far, no change for me. I popped by oakville and saw cars with my config (colour and everything) on the lot with higher VINs than mine. Yet mine is still in transit. So the whole delivery thing is baffling.

It is too bad. What can you do? I had my first appointment and VIN back in August. Both are gone now. How high were the VINs?

Is the Tesla permanent notification displayed on your phone? It's supposed to help keep the bluetooth service running in the background as recent Android versions will kill services if no app is running in foreground/background.

And does the notification widget say connected when you get near to the car? Or does it say disconnected or connecting (or something else)?

For the first 4 days I had the car it wasn't there. Just today the T is always on my notification bar and it seems to always be connected. Before today it was kind of frustrating because prior to today when I opened the app it seemed to take forever for it to wake up and function. Not sure if there was some kind of update on my phone (Blackberry Key2) for the app or what.

Hi Corla and Stan! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I would never have thought I would have been so impacted by the cancellations. Each time I get excited and then get let down shortly before the big day.

It is interesting that you ordered your car on the exact same date as mine with exactly the same config (without EAP/FSD). You did reserve earlier so you did deserve yours first!

I would be really interesting in knowing if your VIN is close to mine. Can I PM you my VIN? It would be really interesting if they were the same ;-) I got my VIN in late August. When did you get yours?

Thanks again for trying to make things better.

We had ordered a PTM3 in June as that was the only way to get the white interior my wife "really" wanted. Many calls to Tesla ( in CA ) in the intervening 4-6 wks to clarify what was unique to the P vs non P awd ( this was after you could order white in a non P version ), did not explain what the additional $14,100.00 gave us other than slightly higher top speed & bit quicker acceleration ( as if we need more! ). Oh, & lifetime non transferable Supercharging.
We had not ordered the PUP or wheel upgrades. I did enquire if a late change to add EAP with less than a week before delivery would change our delivery date & was assured it would cause a delay. Was hoping to get the $6600.00 price!
All of you out there awaiting not so patiently are just going to be so amazed by your cars once they arrive. Hang in there...

We had ordered a PTM3 in June as that was the only way to get the white interior my wife "really" wanted. Many calls to Tesla ( in CA ) in the intervening 4-6 wks to clarify what was unique to the P vs non P awd ( this was after you could order white in a non P version ), did not explain what the additional $14,100.00 gave us other than slightly higher top speed & bit quicker acceleration ( as if we need more! ). Oh, & lifetime non transferable Supercharging.
We had not ordered the PUP or wheel upgrades. I did enquire if a late change to add EAP with less than a week before delivery would change our delivery date & was assured it would cause a delay. Was hoping to get the $6600.00 price!
All of you out there awaiting not so patiently are just going to be so amazed by your cars once they arrive. Hang in there...

Thanks again for the kind words. I am hanging in there. It would be really nice to get the car before I needed to put snow tires on it.

Hey Krakhaus,

I think you’ll really like EAP. It is remarkable in GTA traffic. I used it quite a bit in the last week. Although you have to give the wheel feedback in order to let it know that you are conscious, the EAP does a great job at applying the acceleration and brake / regent braking. I think it is more efficient than me applying forces to the pedals.

I’ve noticed that with EAP, my level of stres while driving in heavy traffic is decreased, and afterwards, I don’t feel as drained after a long commute in traffic.

TBH, I don’t think I’ve actually tried it on the back roads around Oakville, just the highways and even Dundas.

I do a similar drive every day, oakville to Yonge/Finch. When I had a loaner from the oakville store, I got to use autopilot for the first time. I may be exaggerating but it felt like once I got on the highway, for the next 40 km, I didn’t have to do a thing. Stop and go traffic is a lot better when someone else is doing the stopping and going. An hour drive with about 30 min of stop and go and I don’t have to do a thing. If I could have in my 2013, I’d pay extra. Don’t mistake I like mine as is but it’s great.

Nice. Any communication is exciting! It's not fun sinking so much money in and being left in the dark.
In the US at least, the option is available to pay only the order deposit and nothing else until delivery, selecting the "I will pay at delivery with a check" option, so you can force Tesla to dance to your tune until you have checked the entire car with a fine tooth comb with the Delivery Checklist posted here on TMC in every car subtype forum, BEFORE handing them the check (they WILL lie to you and demand payment earlier; use the word "no"). Like I've said before, plan to go home with your check and without your car as plan A, and plan B will be if for some unreasonable reason the car turned out perfect you can unexpectedly accept the car first day. But plan on rejecting the car with things for them to fix. They will take time to fix those things, but a lot less time than if you already paid them.
I do a similar drive every day, oakville to Yonge/Finch. When I had a loaner from the oakville store, I got to use autopilot for the first time. I may be exaggerating but it felt like once I got on the highway, for the next 40 km, I didn’t have to do a thing. Stop and go traffic is a lot better when someone else is doing the stopping and going. An hour drive with about 30 min of stop and go and I don’t have to do a thing. If I could have in my 2013, I’d pay extra. Don’t mistake I like mine as is but it’s great.
I had a similar experience with loaners. I wish I could have afforded the freeway autodriving mode at the time.

• Disagree
Looks like on my phone it is enabled by doing:
Settings
General
Apps & notifications
Notifications
Apps
Then scrolling all the way to Tesla and making sure the slider is enabled.

Also in the Tesla app you can go and click settings (gear icon) and then click notifications and then choose your model 3 and make sure the check mark is there on the left to enable notifications. You can then enable whichever additional notifications you want such as charge complete etc. I guess the important part is selecting the car and enabling notifications in general.

Thanks. Yup, I just didn't have many notification options enabled. Now I get the icon when the app has something to tell me.

So I'm watching for the icon to notify me that v.9 is downloaded, and "when would you like to install?"...
:cool:

On the down side, my phone-as-key is still not good. Several times even, I use airplane mode to use my phone to get in the car, only to be told to use the card to select Drive. Frustrating, but not the end of the world. And the prospect is it will get better whenever I update my phone. I was hoping I could sub my Bluetooth iPod as "phone", but it doesn't let you use an iPod for that.

Last edited: