Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also the developer doesn't have a Model 3 yet and there have been numerous glitches with the car especially this "Cold Weather" update that appears to have caused numerous glitches. Including my car just refusing to shutdown all day (randomly on some days). So some extra flexibility is helpful.

There are days that I launch the app about 20 times a day (for development and testing) and my phantom drain rate stays at ~0.2mph. So, launching the app is not going to affect your phantom drain.

BTW, I'm supposed to get my Model 3 on 12/26 (we'll see if it actually happens). I have a lot of beta testers with Model 3 who have been helping me address any issues related to Model 3 specifically. There are currently, no outstanding issue related to Model 3 and the Stats app. If there is one, please contact me using the Support button in the app.
Refusing to shutdown: I observed that in my Model S yesterday during the day after the firmware was updated. By the evening, it went back to sleep. My guess is that the car was probably uploading data (related to EAP) to Tesla.

Reactions: Jivas and Treasure
There are days that I launch the app about 20 times a day (for development and testing) and my phantom drain rate stays at ~0.2mph. So, launching the app is not going to affect your phantom drain.

BTW, I'm supposed to get my Model 3 on 12/26 (we'll see if it actually happens). I have a lot of beta testers with Model 3 who have been helping me address any issues related to Model 3 specifically. There are currently, no outstanding issue related to Model 3 and the Stats app. If there is one, please contact me using the Support button in the app.
Refusing to shutdown: I observed that in my Model S yesterday during the day after the firmware was updated. By the evening, it went back to sleep. My guess is that the car was probably uploading data (related to EAP) to Tesla.

Like I said it has NOTHING to do with phantom drain. I just dislike an app that spins and waits every time I open it. When I don't even care about the data it's getting.

For what's it worth, I purchased the app. I keep getting quoted for a comment earlier in the thread when the app gained traction...
Thank you @minsup23 . Your initial point is still valid for a lot of people.

A $10 app is pretty unusual these days because we are accustomed to free apps (Facebook, Instagram, etc) provided by big companies. These big companies can afford not to charge for apps because they make their money by advertising and selling user data to third-party. Stats does neither and is developed by a single person (me) over a relatively long period of time (I got my first Tesla in Dec 2016 and started this app shortly after).

Some developers resort to a subscription model to make the app development sustainable. This allows them to continue spend time on their app and add new features. I decided against this because, while subscriptions are fair, I personally dislike them and I'm sure most people share the same view.

As a result, independent developers who do development for a living are slowing becoming extinct (app development is not my day-job which is related to computer vision and machine learning).

Hello everyone. We are back!
Thank you everyone who contributed to this thread and asked for its revival and thank you @danny for bringing it back.

A few new features were added to the app while the thread was dormant:
  • New Siri Shortcuts to get the remaining range
  • New Siri Shortcuts to get the inside and outside temperature
  • Ability to change the app icon
  • Notification if car is unlocked and you are not in the car
Also, several bug fixes and under-the-hood optimizations.

Thank you everyone who contributed to this thread and asked for its revival and thank you @danny for bringing it back.

One additional thing I like about Stats is that it is a one-time purchase, not requiring a monthly subscription. I use the data to track my charging expense, and to monitor my Teslas’ battery health. It does that and so much more!

It would be awesome if we could make/use our own app icon/pic!

Reactions: israndy