Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love this app, its so much faster than the Tesla app. For me, the Tesla app takes a long time to wake up the car and provide control. Stats app on the other hand, is so much quicker. I now default to the Stats app instead of the Tesla app. Good work @rawmean. Looking forward to the next update to include Siri shortcuts for lock/unlock doors and open charge door.
Thank you @FolesVsBrady. I have already added unlock Siri Shortcut and Open Charge Port Shortcut.
If you are interested in beta testing, please tap on support and let me know. Otherwise, you'll get the update through the App Store soon.

I have location services for the app set to "only when app is running". Does anyone know if this limits what statistics the app will collect. I don't like to have location services set to "always" for any app.

I would like to know this as well before purchasing the app. The app sounds promising, but I think I have to overcome the mental barrier of spending $10 on a phone app. The developer has been quite active on this thread which is promising.

I have location services for the app set to "only when app is running". Does anyone know if this limits what statistics the app will collect. I don't like to have location services set to "always" for any app.
If you are interested in the battery reminder feature of the app which send you a notification of battery is low and the car is at your designated location (eg. Home) and the car is unplugged, then set location permission to on.

Even when it's set to "always", the app doesn't monitor your location constantly (otherwise the battery runs out in about 30 min). 'always' premission allows the app do detect when you arrive at your designated location for the low battery notification.

I would like to know this as well before purchasing the app. The app sounds promising, but I think I have to overcome the mental barrier of spending $10 on a phone app. The developer has been quite active on this thread which is promising.
I've been using Stats for several months now. It's a great app for that price. It gives me more information than the Tesla app. I usually use Stats to precondition my car rather than using Tesla app. The Siri shortcuts feature is also very nice. I have background refresh on all the time and set location services to always. That's the settings work the best for me. I have only a few apps on my phone with location services set as "Always" and, I believe those apps work the best with that setting. Also, the reminder notification as the developer mentioned is yet another really nice feature.

Reactions: f8K37Sq31

I bought the app before my first road trip last week. Almost never spend much on apps, but this one is worth it. I also spent $10 on OBD app when I drove a gas car back in the day.

Minor bug fix suggestion rawmean. Need a zero for the ones place digit in charge time remaining meter at the top of hour and at the 5-minute mark.

Attachments

• IMG_5289.PNG
    IMG_5289.PNG
    398.7 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: f8K37Sq31
Minor bug fix suggestion rawmean. Need a zero for the ones place digit in charge time remaining meter at the top of hour and at the 5-minute mark.
Thank you @erthquake. I've noticed it before, but forgot to fix it. It's fixed now and will appear in the next update in a few days.
The new update includes a new Siri shortcut for opening the charge port. This is useful when you use a non-Tesla charger.

Reactions: DR61 and erthquake
If you are interested in the battery reminder feature of the app which send you a notification of battery is low and the car is at your designated location (eg. Home) and the car is unplugged, then set location permission to on.

Even when it's set to "always", the app doesn't monitor your location constantly (otherwise the battery runs out in about 30 min). 'always' premission allows the app do detect when you arrive at your designated location for the low battery notification.
I mis-spoke. The "always" permission is used to detect when you arrive at a location to check the status of the doors/trunk/frunk to make sure that they are closed.
The "battery charge reminder" should still work even if the location permission is not set to "always"

• Informative
Reactions: ironwaffle