Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New version of the app was released today:

New features:
  1. You can now create customized Siri Shortcuts for Climate which also includes seat heaters. If you have previously setup Shortcuts for heating/cooling, please set them up again using this new Shortcut. This allows you to set the temperature to whatever temperature you want.
  2. Added a new roadster app icon.
  3. New Siri Shortcut to set the charge limit

You can use the new Siri Shortcut for charge limit to increase the charge limit in the morning while the car is plugged in so that it starts changing and warm-up the battery.

I was just considering this app, but $9.99 seems high for an app. Nonetheless, I was breaking down and I went to the iOS store to see more details to see if I could be pushed over the edge.....and it's $14.99 now? Sorry, but too much for me now!
I drink coffee regularly and spend this in a few days. It is well worth the price (to me). Given that we paid 40K or more for a car, I think it's a drop in the bucket for the information the app gives you and the Siri shortcuts (which also work for apple watch)

I was just considering this app, but $9.99 seems high for an app. Nonetheless, I was breaking down and I went to the iOS store to see more details to see if I could be pushed over the edge.....and it's $14.99 now? Sorry, but too much for me now!
I understand. We all have been accustomed to fantastic free apps offered by big corporations like Google, Facebook, etc.. They are free because the development cost is paid for by ads and by selling your data.
This app is developed my only me (a Tesla owner and enthusiast) and does not have a subscription or ads and does not sell or share user-data (see our privacy policy).
As a comparison, TeslaFi charges $5 *per month* and it does not even have half the features of this app and it's only a web-app.
Also, a few hours ago, I paid ~$15 for lunch and it wasn't even good :)

Here is a sneak peak at an upcoming new feature to automatically warm-up the battery a few minutes before you expect to use the car (see the attached screenshot)
  • The car charges overnight to a lower charge limit that you specify (e.g., 85%).
  • At the time that you configured, the charge limit is increased (to a level that you configured -- e.g., 90%) and car starts charging so that the battery is warmed up by the time you get in the car.
  • After one hour, the app sets the charge limit back to the lower limit (that the user has configured) to prepare it for the next cycle.
I'm planning to offer this battery conditioning feature as an optional in-app-purchase (one-time purchase and not a subscription).

Attachments

• Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone XS Max - 2019-02-13 at 17.39.07.png
    Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone XS Max - 2019-02-13 at 17.39.07.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Hi all,
I have just finished developing the battery pre-conditioning feature and it is currently in beta. Here is what the app does:
https://www.maadotaa.com/batterycond

I'm interested in your opinion regarding how to offer this feature. To cover the development cost, I'm inclined to offer it as an optional $3 one-time in-app purchase.
If you have an opinion about this, can you please click on one of the two options presented in this poll (thank you!):
Doodle: Battery pre-condition in Stats app

• Helpful
Reactions: Itsuo-DC and Whisky
You have an engaged developer. You can pay for the app.
Umm. Yes I could. My post was to say I was choosing not to at the new price. With an active developer, I'm able to give feedback on things including my thoughts on pricing. The developer can do whatever they want with my feedback, including ignore it. Relax people, if you can't handle opinions you may want to spend your time elsewhere....

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
As a software engineer, I've long found it curious how some folks won't pay even very small amounts (even a couple of dollars) for software that you can use for many years. And yet they likely pay a similar (or much larger) amount for something very transitory, like a meal, a movie showing, transportation, a hotel stay, etc. Weird, eh? Similar to some folk's reluctance to pay for music or video recordings... or even someone's design for some 3d-printable object.

I'm interested in your opinion regarding how to offer this feature. To cover the development cost, I'm inclined to offer it as an optional $3 one-time in-app purchase.
If you have an opinion about this, can you please click on one of the two options presented in this poll (thank you!):
Doodle: Battery pre-condition in Stats app

I’m interested to see that this is close. I think the way it’s phrased advantages the “free” answer but the “it’s okay to pay” is still in there!

Do we have to implement a differential between our normal charging limit and the pre-conditioning limit? Is there any way to just keep them the same? (Assuming there is some loss between the end of charging and beginning of pre-conditioning?).

If there was a way to show us when the battery is officially pre-conditioned, we could play with the settings to see how long/much charge it takes to get us there at a given temperature.

Last edited:
I’m interested to see that this is close. I think the way it’s phrased advantages the “free” answer but the “it’s okay to pay” is still in there!

Do we have to implement a differential between our normal charging limit and the pre-conditioning limit? Is there any way to just keep them the same? (Assuming there is some loss between the end of charging and beginning of pre-conditioning?).

If there was a way to show us when the battery is officially pre-conditioned, we could play with the settings to see how long/much charge it takes to get us there at a given temperature.

You are right. I should have probably phrased the survey choices better (of course people like free stuff :)
Just on the Tesla official thread someone posted that he/she would be very mad if I make this new feature that never existed before an in-app purchase because he/she expected this feature when they bought the app. I don't understand the logic.

Setting the lower and higher charge limit to the same number does not make sense because it basically says the top-off charge that is supposed to warm-up the car is zero. Please see the example here: https://www.maadotaa.com/batterycond

I just purchased the app and like it, but not sure why I was charged $20.98 instead of $14.99. Has anyone else experienced this?
The price of the app is $14.99 USD. Maybe you are in Canada? If the price that Apple has charged you is different from the price that Apple showed you when you purchased the app (highly unlikely as Apple does not make mistakes like this), please let Apple know.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911