Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tap on the complication to launch the watch app and wait for it to connect. If the complication still doesn’t show the info, delete the watch app and reinstall it.

Alright, ive tried this twice now. Now, not only do i have the dashed lines, i get the error to open the app first on my iphone. I have the app open and its seeing my car. Still same error on the watch app.

Can you even set the watch app to show battery level? It flash "0 mil" quickly before resorting to the dashes.....is the battery level in percentage or miles?

Alright, ive tried this twice now. Now, not only do i have the dashed lines, i get the error to open the app first on my iphone. I have the app open and its seeing my car. Still same error on the watch app.

Can you even set the watch app to show battery level? It flash "0 mil" quickly before resorting to the dashes.....is the battery level in percentage or miles?
I think you need to delete and re-install the Watch app, launch the Watch app and then launch the app on iPhone.

Examples of complications are attached. Please tap on Support in the app and I'll help you.

Attachments

• IMG_1485.PNG
    IMG_1485.PNG
    160.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1483.PNG
    IMG_1483.PNG
    58.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Reactions: KenC
Ah I see my issue. I have a series 0 watch. Stuck on OS 4...
My statement was incorrect that watchOS 5 runs on series 0 (I corrected it above).

I had a series 0 and my resistance to implement a watch app for Stats was mainly based on my experience with series 0 (the very first Apple Watch). Series 0 was great for notifications and text, but it is very slow for running apps and results in bad user experience which most users attribute to the app and not the Watch.

Watch 3 and Watch 4 are much faster machines and the user experience is actually reasonable when running apps.

Tried again. doesnt work. sent you an email.

In case anyone else has the same problem with the watch app, these are the steps that I suggested and worked for @SpudLime:
  1. restart the iPhone
    • delete the app from iPhone
    • install the app from the App Store
    • launch the app on iPhone and wait for it to connect to the car
    • wait for the app icon to show up on the watch and then tap on it to launch the app on the watch
    • If the watch says “Launch the app on iPhone…”, remove the iPhone app from background and re-launch it.
    • Wait for the watch to connect to the car and you see the name of your car and range and SoC
    • Add complications

• Helpful
Reactions: SpudLime
Really like the app.

I had a question about what is likely an Apple issue but wondering if you had any insight. Is it normal that the Apple Watch complication is ridiculously slow to update? Even after I open the app on the watch to wake the car to poll the current charge state, the complication doesn't update unless I manually "refresh" it by switching the current watch face. Are there limitations on how often the complication can refresh? I did a fresh reinstall and its still pretty laggy.

Thanks

Reactions: f8K37Sq31
Really like the app.

I had a question about what is likely an Apple issue but wondering if you had any insight. Is it normal that the Apple Watch complication is ridiculously slow to update? Even after I open the app on the watch to wake the car to poll the current charge state, the complication doesn't update unless I manually "refresh" it by switching the current watch face. Are there limitations on how often the complication can refresh? I did a fresh reinstall and its still pretty laggy.

Thanks

I emailed the developer about this already. He said they are working on it for the next release.

Reactions: f8K37Sq31
Really like the app.

Thanks
watchOS limits the rate of update very much (to save watch battery). The next update of Stats should improve this.

Stats has an Apple Watch App now, but it doesn’t do much. Shows charge status and buttons to open trunk, etc.
Wish someone would do something better, like showing how much your last drive cost in terms of kilowatts consumed and cost plus time and miles driven.

Stats Watch app does the following:
  • shows battery status (range and percentage)
  • enable/disable Sentry mode
  • change climate temperature
  • open trunk
  • open frunk
  • unlock/lock doors
  • More than 10 Siri Shortcuts
  • complications for all watch-faces

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-23_12-49-54.png
    upload_2019-3-23_12-49-54.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1477 2.PNG