Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed this app yesterday. I realize there is a lot of posts and info about it, but the sheer amount of info is a bit overwhelming. What specific features and tools on the app have people found to be the most helpful?

@joebruin77 I use the charge reminder feature and sometimes the smart charger feature. Learn about the app by watching the first two videos and optionally the 3rd.

Last edited:
I see the App is asking for Gas pricing and fuel efficiency ...is this to compare what it would cost to drive the equivalent in an ICE powered car?
Yes. For fuel efficiency, I put in the average MPG of our Sequoia (15 MPG), and then the average price per gallon of gas in my town. That allows me to see how much it would cost to drive the Tesla vs the Sequoia.

Reactions: RayCanuck
Can you export data? It's now $49.99 would you all recommend it over TeslaMate or other self-hosted services?

TeslaMate is the absolute best. Stats is very different - I don't really use it anymore these days since it doesn't really give me much more than the actual Tesla app. The graphs are cool, but TeslaMate is much better for that.

TeslaMate is the absolute best. Stats is very different - I don't really use it anymore these days since it doesn't really give me much more than the actual Tesla app. The graphs are cool, but TeslaMate is much better for that.
I'll stick with TeslaMate then. My Pi randomly died 2 days ago and I didn't record anything :(

Do you have any "back up plan" or the like for when your Pi randomly bugs out and doesn't record?

Na. I have my Mac mini running TeslaMate and it backs up every day. If I lost any data it wouldn’t be the end of the world either.
Hmm I have an old surface pro 4 that is never used... maybe I can take a stab at installing teslamate onto that. My question was more like - is there ever random downtime on your Mac? Like I have no idea why my Pi shut down Sat and I didn't find out until today.

Hmm I have an old surface pro 4 that is never used... maybe I can take a stab at installing teslamate onto that. My question was more like - is there ever random downtime on your Mac? Like I have no idea why my Pi shut down Sat and I didn't find out until today.
Nope never. Can’t speak for the Pi, but I love my Mac minis. They’re essentially bulletproof, though of course much more expensive than a Pi.

I don't remember what I paid for Stats but I still use it for timed charging--usually in the run up to a long trip so it crests to 100% as I'm getting ready to leave.

Also, I recently started receiving notifications to rotate my tires. I'm lazy and so it was only after the 10th gentle reminder that I actually followed through and had it done. Not sure what the financial benefit is of having a rotation done, at the time the manufacturer recommends, but it was a free enhancement for me in the Stats app! @rawmean

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
I don't remember what I paid for Stats but I still use it for timed charging--usually in the run up to a long trip so it crests to 100% as I'm getting ready to leave.

Also, I recently started receiving notifications to rotate my tires. I'm lazy and so it was only after the 10th gentle reminder that I actually followed through and had it done. Not sure what the financial benefit is of having a rotation done, at the time the manufacturer recommends, but it was a free enhancement for me in the Stats app! @rawmean
Purchased the new feature in Stats that lets you monitor battery health and compare max range.

Not sure how accurate it is but makes me feel good! In all seriousness this is the App that I look to for great features at an affordable price!

7AEFB10F-5CB5-4B17-8D79-215FBA8DC70C.png

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911 and KenC
Purchased the new feature in Stats that lets you monitor battery health and compare max range.

Not sure how accurate it is but makes me feel good! In all seriousness this is the App that I look to for great features at an affordable price!

View attachment 752789
Nice that the developer still adds new features, and is very active on Twitter. However, this latest feature seems buggy. My 2018 LR-AWD is showing a battery size of 103kWh!!! Wouldn't it be nice! Also, when comparing my 2018 against "similar cars", it's clearly all years of Model 3, because there's no way more than a couple cars of my vintage have better estimated max range. I still show 309 miles of range from 310 after 29k miles driven. How are there 6% of cars with better range, except if they are newer model years.
IMG_3409 (1).jpeg

Can someone post a link or a photo of what the app looks like. I see one in the Apps Store but this is for $49.99 instead of $19.99 which makes me think it is not the same app.
Tesla App | Stats for Tesla

Looks like it is ~$50 now but it also allows functionality that doesn't currently exist in the Tesla App as well as makes data available to you across its users which is nice. Like how many have a particular software version installed and then comparisons related to the battery, etc. I guess you can also say most future improvements will be free. Like the support for Safety Score, etc. I'll admit I've never paid that much for an app but I have definitely paid more than that in subscription fees for other apps over time (TomTom GO comes to mind).

• Informative
Can someone post a link or a photo of what the app looks like. I see one in the Apps Store but this is for $49.99 instead of $19.99 which makes me think it is not the same app.

Its probably the same app.. if you are looking at pricing listed in this thread, the thread started in 2019 so the price has been changed by the developer.

Note that I am not endorsing the app or anything, just saying its probably the same app but the price has changed.

I'm sure it's the same app, problem is it doesn't show the price anymore after you've purchased it, but I've heard rumor that it's a lot more expensive. I paid $15, 3 yrs ago, and I remember thinking, I'll wait until it goes on sale for $5. It never went on sale. It's like FSD, always going up in price!