Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome Model 3 subwoofer boost install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my Tesla Model 3 upgraded with subwoofer and loving it! Even though I already had the Premium sound system, I can now feel the lows and the system is tuned such that the touchscreen EQ kicks the sub level up/down. If you are in the Minneapolis region, the installer was Innovative Futures. Contact me for a referral there. The speaker fit into the rear left trunk cavity so does not take any trunk space.

Has anyone else upgraded their Model 3 audio system? What did you end up doing?

Attachments

• 00320A9D-8476-4508-BDFB-FAD7118B8818.jpeg
    00320A9D-8476-4508-BDFB-FAD7118B8818.jpeg
    621.8 KB · Views: 299
I thought the premium sound system already had a sub in the passenger side, which is why it doesn't have the little storage pocket. I'm sure it's not as powerful at that one, though.
Yes, the Premium sound includes a smaller 6” sub-woofer and amp but lacks that kick to feel the music. The amp runs the aub and the rear door speakers. The new 10” NVX sub cabinet tucks into the trunk cavity to the rear left and provides that extra punch. The old sub runs in conjunction with the new one and compliments the low ends perfectly. Good question! There are cabinet options for any of the Tesla models (S, 3, X, Y)

Yeah, price on this? I have the premium sound system but a bit of extra punch would be nice. How did they hook it up? I'm guessing the hookup is part of what you pay for but I'm a DIY type of guy and did a lot of car audio work back in the day, wouldn't mind a new project.
IN case he doesn't respond I'm going to take on a project that I'm really surprised no one has. work with me on this. you sound like I, you just want an extra bass in the chest? right now I own a 5.1 channel amp that I can power from the penthouse 12V, it also accepts the signal line in and has a low pass filter. I cut the original line and use my own amp to power the subwoofer I now have full control of how much bass it produces. will I break it? probably lol, but then I can drop in ANY 8-inch subwoofer to really get some bass after I break it lol.

The magnet on the model 3 sub is SOOOO DAMN SMALL lol.