Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome news about Tesla and local Town Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got back from my vacation and I use Eastside Town Car & Limousine LLC to get to and from the airport Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland SeaTac Airport Town Car Limousine Service
I am chatty, and always ask the driver about how many miles they put on the cars, how much gas costs them and how long the cars last.
I have evangelized using a Model S as a town car, but they have never been available so it was moot.

Normally I wouldn't advertise for someone here even though they have given me great service but: The driver told me that they are getting a Tesla Model S to add to their town car fleet ( hopefully within a month ). I will be asking for it every time I call to use their service.
You should too ( but clearly you should not do so on a day when I need to use it, I suggest you check with me first :tongue: )
He also told me that there are other local services that are getting Tesla's and if we ask for it, but theirs is busy they will sub out to another operator they have a good working relationship with.
( I don't know who those are - there are many companies with similar names, but if you have a preferred provider, and don't need my reference - ask your provider for a Model S ! )

He told me that they are looking forward to the tax savings, the gas savings, the quiet ride and the maintenance savings. He also specifically mentioned the fact that the Model S has 2 trunks makes it work even though it is not as huge as a Lincoln Town car.
It will work for us, because our luggage fits in the back - and the problematic stroller fits in the front trunk, whereas we are a very tight fit in a Lincoln Town Car - even the extra long version.

Other information he passed along was that only Washington and California are letting Tesla's be used as town cars ( or maybe it was only Wa and Ca are offering tax breaks to do so ).
Normally they only keep the town cars for 300K miles because after that the engine or transmission fails expensively, but they plan to keep the Tesla for a long time.

I use limo companies in LA with names like Eco, Evo, and Natural Limo (all use alt fuels). I have been bugging them non stop for the last 4 years for them to get a Model S. I believe they are about to pull the trigger. Not that I'm that excited about falling into that doorway in the back after flying for 20 hours.

I own a limo company in the Seattle area and I just added a Model S to our fleet. With as much as we drive (80k to 100k a year) it's a no brainer. Model S is actually less expensive per month by about $500 than buying a new Lincoln. As far as I know we are the only company in the Northwest to offer a Tesla Model S as a Towncar.

Which service are you? The one referenced above?

Let us know and we'll give you some business!
I own a limo company in the Seattle area and I just added a Model S to our fleet. With as much as we drive (80k to 100k a year) it's a no brainer. Model S is actually less expensive per month by about $500 than buying a new Lincoln. As far as I know we are the only company in the Northwest to offer a Tesla Model S as a Towncar.

This is very exciting to be a part of the EV car revolution, to witness the mindset of the automotive industry change and cars evolve. I'd like to applaud Eastside Limo for embracing the Tesla Model S, I don't use limo services but will do so now. I work at Seatac and would love to see the Port of Seattle install more charging stations.

Called and made reservations today for airport shuttle service with this unit (Eastside Towncar & Limo), but they'd never heard of a Model S. Bummed, but it will come some day.

I just got back from my vacation and I use Eastside Town Car & Limousine LLC to get to and from the airport Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland SeaTac Airport Town Car Limousine Service
I am chatty, and always ask the driver about how many miles they put on the cars, how much gas costs them and how long the cars last.
I have evangelized using a Model S as a town car, but they have never been available so it was moot.

Normally I wouldn't advertise for someone here even though they have given me great service but: The driver told me that they are getting a Tesla Model S to add to their town car fleet ( hopefully within a month ). I will be asking for it every time I call to use their service.
You should too ( but clearly you should not do so on a day when I need to use it, I suggest you check with me first :tongue: )
He also told me that there are other local services that are getting Tesla's and if we ask for it, but theirs is busy they will sub out to another operator they have a good working relationship with.
( I don't know who those are - there are many companies with similar names, but if you have a preferred provider, and don't need my reference - ask your provider for a Model S ! )

He told me that they are looking forward to the tax savings, the gas savings, the quiet ride and the maintenance savings. He also specifically mentioned the fact that the Model S has 2 trunks makes it work even though it is not as huge as a Lincoln Town car.
It will work for us, because our luggage fits in the back - and the problematic stroller fits in the front trunk, whereas we are a very tight fit in a Lincoln Town Car - even the extra long version.

Other information he passed along was that only Washington and California are letting Tesla's be used as town cars ( or maybe it was only Wa and Ca are offering tax breaks to do so ).
Normally they only keep the town cars for 300K miles because after that the engine or transmission fails expensively, but they plan to keep the Tesla for a long time.