Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome phone call from DS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember, Tesla is not your Father's car company. It is hard to get your head around the fact that they are honest, reliable, and do what they say. After watching them since the beginning, and also being a very proud owner of an S85, I now give them the benefit of every doubt. They have not let me down once. They are, simply, the best.

It would certainly be annoying, but unfortunately likely - Tesla openly states that more expensive models are delivered earlier, as the delivery times are typically shown as being shorter on the website (well, I haven't checked recently, but that was certainly the case at least until a few weeks ago).

This flows both ways. My p85 was behind later reservation slots, when p85 motors were in short supply. I would guess that motors & battery packs are built in batches, then all other parts being available cars are build accordingly. The web site delivery targets fluctuate, I've seen 60,S85,P85 ordering as well as 60,P85,S85 and P85,S85,60 etc.