Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome repair work.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an unfortunate mishap with my car, where by a shovel hit it denting the hood and damaging the nose cone and bumper.

So, I took it up to Waukesha (just outside Milwaukee) to get fixed at Marshall Auto body. They are a certified Tesla shop. And I have to say I couldn't be happier with the work. They ended up having to replace both the hood and the nose cone, including the chrome and then painting the hood, bumper and fenders (to blend). The paint job looks great. I can't see any difference in the paint color between what they painted and the rest of the car.

And they were really quick. I got the car back in a week and a half. Scott, the owner, took time to give me a tour of the shop and it is really clean and organized. Having worked as PM, I can appreciate the efficiency of his shop.

If you are unfortunate enough to require collision repair on your Model S and you're in the Midwest (I actually came from St. Louis cause I don't care for the place that's Tesla certified here), I can highly recommend Marshall Autobody. Took the train up to get my car and they came out and picked me up too.

I haven't taken any close up pictures of the protection film. I can get some after I have it reapplied to the front again in a month. Have to wait for the new paint to off gas.

I had my paint armor done at Clear Auto Bra in St. Louis. Might be a bit of a drive for you. But Mark and his team there do an awesome job.

Thanks Liz, I may drive through Chicago next time I have a dent. I was not pleased with Chicago's authorized body shop work.

1 Corner edge not aligned
2 Crease in plastic of bumper
3 Burn mark in recessed area

By the way, I had no dent or scratch in bumper later when a Prius backed into me at about 3 mph. Thanks XPel ultimate.

I haven't taken any close up pictures of the protection film. I can get some after I have it reapplied to the front again in a month. Have to wait for the new paint to off gas.

I had my paint armor done at Clear Auto Bra in St. Louis. Might be a bit of a drive for you. But Mark and his team there do an awesome job.
To both satisfy my curiosity and complete the story.... which film do you have? :)

There was a pretty good article (http://www.biztimes.com/article/20130930/MAGAZINE03/309279982/0/advertise) in a Milwaukee paper regarding Wisconsin ties to Tesla that included a section about Marshal Auto Body. I live in Michigan, but would seriously consider heading over to Waukesha if I needed work.

By coincidence, I also got the Xpel Ultimate protective film installed by Clear Auto Bra in St. Louis. I wanted more protection than was offered by Tesla's paint armor, so I searched around and found out that Mark at Clear Auto Bra already had a lot of experience with Model S. Most of the local shops in SW Michigan hadn't even heard of Tesla. It must have been fate, because the Supercharger in Normal, Illinois opened the same day my car was delivered. I took that as a sign and drove down to St Louis at the first opportunity. I got a "full wrap" done at Clear Auto Bra. It wasn't cheap but I am glad I had it done and I am very happy with the results.