Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome Tesla Commercial during Super Bowl!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you see it!!??

No, neither did I. :(

Why doesn’t Tesla do advertising? Some kind of “feel good, go green” campaign, with trees and flowers...and then a Tesla blowing the doors off of some supercar.

Yet I wonder why they haven’t really gone out and marketed the car?

Yet I wonder why they haven’t really gone out and marketed the car?
They sell pretty much all they can make, so low cost "stealth" marketing like referrals is enough for now.

Advertising the Model 3 would just frustrate potential future customers when they find out they have to wait a year to get one. Once the backlog is clear I'm sure they will start advertising, if needed.

^ Pretty much what they said.

At the moment customers are finding Tesla on their own and through previous customers. That's enough for now.

That said, I do see them keeping up the sales push on converting model 3 reservations into model S sales and this may lead to limited and targeted advertising.

Tesla probably gets more free advertising than all the other auto manufacturers put together. Seems that I see or read something about Tesla most every day.

Everybody seems to follow the stock prices, the hyper loop, Space X, flame throwers, union issues, safety issues, production delays, etc.

They punch far beyond their weight on getting the Tesla message out to the world.

Spending milllions on Stupid Bowl advertising (great game by the way) would not sell them even one more car.

They have presold the next full year's production of Model 3. The Model X and S are going out the door as fast as they can make them.

For them to spend traditional advertising $ would be criminal.

Tesla has primarily relied on Social Media and Elon's public speaking to be word of mouth advertising. Tomorrow around 4:30EST (Eastern Standard Time NOT to be confused with ElonStandardTime) their biggest commercial yet will be broadcast.

Tesla will be seen all over the place if all goes well with that commercial!!!!

Instagram post by Elon Musk • Feb 5, 2018 at 5:50am UTC

Last I saw, launch tomorrow was scheduled for 1:30 Eastern Time - not 4:30 as noted in your post.

Elon Musk on Twitter