Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome time and awesome "mileage" yesterday and today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TOBASH

Supporting Member
Average little daily type trips made awesome by a not so average car.

Just driving to work, then to a friend, then to dinner, then home, then to work and home today.

Had her in range mode.

Started with 170 estimated. Went up to 183. Then kept driving to the point where estimated was only 2 miles from ideal.

100+ miles later I'm just barely less that 1/2 charge, about 7 miles from ideal, estimated to 104 more miles, and amazed by the "mileage", and by the power of regenerative savings when driving without the brake, even in New York City traffic conditions.

Not to mention driving through Manhattan architecture and bridges with the top off so we could look up at amazing sites and structures.

The more I drive her, the more I respect and love her. Amazing piece of engineering.

Now if they could only make one to function and look like an H1 Hummer, (next car on my bucket list).

Happy weekend all, and easy fast to all MOT's.

Thanks for letting me share.

Best,

T

Last edited:
I owned a H1 Hummer. It was a 1994 model which I think was the first year that it had a 4 speed automatic so it could actually run highway speeds. It was one of the worst vehicles that I ever owned. I bought it for winter driving and the heater system was so bad the windshield would actually ice over on the inside. It was the only 4 wheel drive I ever owned that got stuck in deep snow because it didn't have enough power to pull itself out---I couldn't even spin the tires in the snow! Don't even get me going about the reliability of the underpowered non-turbo 6.2 liter diesel. My point is, sometimes it's much better to want something and never get it then to get something and then never want it. The Tesla on the other hand is much more then I ever expected---one of the nicest vehicles I have ever had the pleasure to own.

I owned a H1 Hummer. It was a 1994 model which I think was the first year that it had a 4 speed automatic so it could actually run highway speeds. It was one of the worst vehicles that I ever owned. I bought it for winter driving and the heater system was so bad the windshield would actually ice over on the inside. It was the only 4 wheel drive I ever owned that got stuck in deep snow because it didn't have enough power to pull itself out---I couldn't even spin the tires in the snow! Don't even get me going about the reliability of the underpowered non-turbo 6.2 liter diesel. My point is, sometimes it's much better to want something and never get it then to get something and then never want it. The Tesla on the other hand is much more then I ever expected---one of the nicest vehicles I have ever had the pleasure to own.

I hear your pain, but that was a 1994 model.

I'm looking at 2006 models with turbo Diesel. I will water inject and perhaps propane inject.

I'm sorry for your pain with H1's, but I live by the beach so offroading on the sand with a vehicle that can air-up and air-down the tires automatically will be a plus.

I used to make biodiesel so I will do so again. Biodiesel runs better, is cheaper, and also will run inside my oil home heating unit.

I'm not a tree-hugger, but biodiesel will also offset my CO2 footprint while also minimizing my funding of terrorists through my avoiding foreign oil.

All that being said, this is a thread about what I feel was incredible performance from my Tesla.

Best,

T

Last edited: