Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

awkward Cybertruck windshield wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
suggestion:
Cyber truck has large windshield and reported unsightly large wiper arm.
Solution: install high velocity air vent on outside bottom of windshield and create a curtain of air to remove and displace water.

Likely testing ...

I saw this on twitter with the red triangle. I wonder if the two blades rotate as it swipes across.

W2mbzTN.jpg

q39Ec2H.jpg

I sure hope they're not planning on storing the wiper in the up position as seen in the drone photo. It's like adding another section to the already wide A-Pillar making it even harder to see around corners, etc. Terrible idea!

God forbid they just use two wipers and store them down at the bottom of the windshield like most other cars.. what is the problem? Put a small hood mounted airfoil over them if that's such a big concern on a 6,000lb vehicle.

Let's not over-think this guys. Wipers are easy :confused:

Reactions: TessP100D
1) Spy video/photos show re-designed Cybertruck on Tesla track
2) Truck isn't really doing much on the track, seems staged to get "found" by a droner...Big-time free publicity...
3) Elon answers a LOT of tweets about the truck, with additional information...Like it was all planned (IMHO)...
4) Windshield wiper is the talk of the town. Everyone comments on it, hate it, so big, cost to replace rubber, dat wiper jokes, etc etc etc
5) Elon replies back on Twitter and says it isn't the production version of the arm...Wait, what? :)

Free publicity, get people talking about the truck....Mission accomplished....

2) Truck isn't really doing much on the track, seems staged to get "found" by a droner...Big-time free publicity...
3) Elon answers a LOT of tweets about the truck, with additional information...Like it was all planned (IMHO)...
4) Windshield wiper is the talk of the town. Everyone comments on it, hate it, so big, cost to replace rubber, dat wiper jokes, etc etc etc
5) Elon replies back on Twitter and says it isn't the production version of the arm...Wait, what? :)

It's scary just how believable this sounds, LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi

And still no closer to a production truck as ever before.

Smart really, considering all the talk up to that point was about the Ford Lightning closing reservations and order banks opening up in January.

I will be very interested to see how they combat the problem of the long but narrow windshield, along with the fact that it MUST wipe the camera pod.

That looks like a wiper lifted from an RV. I dont see that staying to production, but I also have trouble visualizing many other solutions that would work well, unless they mount one in the center and have it articulate and stay vertical like a bus.

i wish them luck, that's a TON of glass to keep clean. :)

Reactions: scottf200