Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AZ EV owners - GC to Amazon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you own an electric vehicle in Arizona and are an SRP customer... you can get a $50 Amazon GC.

Join SRP's electric vehicle community

I just filled out the form ... now I need to call them to see if changing my "plan" would be of any savings to my household.
Just thought I'd share.
Thanks, I just signed up for the $50, too. :)

FYI the EV plan is based off their 5-9 am, 5-9 pm peak rates for Winter and 1-8 pm peak rates for Summer plan. It adds a super saver period from 11pm-5am for EV charging. But as I am home a lot in Summer, 1-8 pm is hard for me to observe. Too many hours of sweating! I find the 3-6pm peak rates all year plan much easier to manage. By precooling, the house is comfortable for the 3-6 pm period. Also, I will be adding a second car and intend to use the same charger for both so the less complex plan will work better. If you look at the SRP website you can compare the rates. I didn't find the SRP rep to be very useful in making the decision. There are too many variables for individual households.

Note that you can only switch plans once a year. However, you can go from a saver plan to the standard plan after a few months if it turns out that would be a better deal. Of course it would be much nicer if you could flip between the two saver plans I mentioned above since either of them is likely better than the standard plan, unless one makes no efforts to avoid peak hours.

Last edited:
Yes My wife and I both drive electric and got $50 for each car. They are adding electrics to their fleet. They sponsor 2 free Volta charger locations and sponsor about 10 EVGO DC Fast Chargers. They are into Electrics. Their Main Office (1521 N. Project Drive, Tempe, AZ 85281) also has 2 free Clipper Creek chargers (EVSE) and for employees they have over 30 units in their company garages.

SRP is also pays paying us $10 a month to study our Solar Inverter. They then gave us a new more advanced Inverter for free and are studying that too.

They love it when we charge Off Peak using excess energy when loads are very low on transmission lines and Transformers.

Thanks, I just signed up for the $50, too. :)

FYI the EV plan is based off their 5-9 am, 5-9 pm peak rates for Winter and 1-8 pm peak rates for Summer plan. It adds a super saver period from 11pm-5am for EV charging. But as I am home a lot in Summer, 1-8 pm is hard for me to observe. Too many hours of sweating! I find the 3-6pm peak rates all year plan much easier to manage. By precooling, the house is comfortable for the 3-6 pm period. Also, I will be adding a second car and intend to use the same charger for both so the less complex plan will work better. If you look at the SRP website you can compare the rates. I didn't find the SRP rep to be very useful in making the decision. There are too many variables for individual households.

Note that you can only switch plans once a year. However, you can go from a saver plan to the standard plan after a few months if it turns out that would be a better deal. Of course it would be much nicer if you could flip between the two saver plans I mentioned above since either of them is likely better than the standard plan, unless one makes no efforts to avoid peak hours.

We are on the 3-6 plan now - and have teens - so lots of people home during the day in the summer... the EV plan might not be the best plan for me either.