Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AZ Short Easy Trip 11-24 to Arcosanti

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're invited to join us for a short road trip to Arcosanti (near Cordes Junction) on Nov 24. Arcosanti is a fun and unique place that features bold architecture in a beautiful setting combined with an eco-friendly philosophy inspired by Paolo Solari. Welcome | arcosanti.org

We are planning to meet in the parking lot of the McDonalds at I-17 and Carefree Highway at 10:30am and caravan to Arcosanti for lunch and a tour. On the return, you might want to visit the Pioneer Living History Museum and/or the Outlets at Anthem.

We done one this trip from our home in North Scottsdale (94th & Bell Rd) and the round-trip required just 40.1 kWh with a/c and speed set at 70mph. This should be very do-able in a S60, but extra juice is available at RV parks in Cordes Junction and Black Canyon City (NEMA 14-50) and a Blink is operational at the Anthem Outlets.

If you are coming from points south and want to top-off, I'm sure we've got a few North Scottsdale and North Phoenix folks who would accommodate. Call, PM or post with any questions. Mark (6o2-98o-1875.

Not so impressive - guess you've not looked at a globe.

Ya see, it's all downhill..... and we got those dogs to help the 416HP, if and when needed....

OK . . . kind of a weird coincidence happened today. My wife and I were about to get in our MS at the Scottsdale Quarter when we noticed a grey MS pulling out. The driver asked if I was going to Arcosanti tomorrow and introduced himself as AudubonB from Alaska. See you tomorrow Audie!

BTW, there is a 30% chance of rain in Cordes Junction (very close to Arcosanti) and the high is expected to be 52 degrees. Hope to see many of you there! Call if you have any questions 6O2-98O-1875. Mark

It was even weirder than that, Mark. Both the two of you and the two of us were looking at those same chairs (the ones you were photographing...) not minutes earlier. That was how Jenny recognized you.....

See you tomorrow!

Audie

Thanks to Mark for organizing. Great little day trip. Here's a few pics - including our very dirty cars due to the mile long mud driveway!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    850.7 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    922.4 KB · Views: 115
THANKS to the twelve Tesla enthusiasts who joined Lu & I on this trek. It was great to make some new friends and share a few stories. We appreciated the company and hope to connect again soon . . . without any more soupy roads. My 85 was happy to get a bath just as soon as we arrived home.

Thanks for arranging Mark... was interesting to see the Traction Control warning go off along the 4x4 mud track we were on. :scared: I think we we all looked like we had been offroading on the way back (especially with the mud on the hood/roof)... Spent $12 at a self-serve car wash to attempt to spray off all of the mud (still not completely gone). Couple pics of the group before & after though you can't really see all of the mud on the after. :cool:

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg
IMAG0243.jpg

THANKS to the twelve Tesla enthusiasts who joined Lu & I on this trek. It was great to make some new friends and share a few stories. We appreciated the company and hope to connect again soon . . . without any more soupy roads. My 85 was happy to get a bath just as soon as we arrived home.