Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Az SRP Utility - Please request your ballot and vote!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SOULPEDL

Cyber-Bandit is Ready!
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Referral Code
FYI, critical votes coming that could impact energy costs and solar in Az. I'm just passing along some info gathered as a contributing member of LD18 (and I'm an Engineer who grew up hating gov't anything, go figure). Some action came highly recommended and thought this might be a good place to share.

#1: For SRP customers: They are holding a board election on open seat(s), but you must request a special SRP ballot on their website. SRP: Early voting ballot request form (I'm going to a Mike Bloomberg party this Sat to listen to one of those running for the SRP board - let me know if you want to come along).

#2: For all Az Utility companies, there is a critical vote this year for 3 seats on the ACC board - they have power over our Az utilities. (ACC = Arizona Commerce Commission). Winning at least 2 of 3 Blue seats will flip the board from Red to Blue as well. Democrats claim to encourage solar incentives and fair pricing for all. I'm actually new to this, but feels both good and right.

And... SRP just paid me $3,600 to get a PW, so highly recommend at least one. I got 2 PWs and I'm off grid essentially (in Feb anyway) for literally $3,500 cash paid to me. They were quite nice the whole way, but the interesting fact is that you can call SRP anytime, day or night, and a live, local person will gladly assist you without a wait. I actually asked one lady how they can afford those resources and the answer was "Our customers told us that they want 24/7 service" (or something very close). That's an indication of waste right there. Very nice true, but what company can afford that level of service on 100% US wages? They must be rolling in the dough.

Maybe needs a better title like "Bring back net metering to Az." or "The Imminent Battle for Affordable Solar in Az. "

Next time, closer to the elections. Here's the SRP info. I've heard all 4 speak, you can't go wrong with any of them - all good!

Oh, and there will be a vote (somewhere this year...) to give Doug Ducey new powers over the ACC. That's nuts people! Solar would completely go away in Az. I will definitely be screaming louder on this forum... sorry, but it all matters here more than you know.

20200224_071705.jpg
20200224_071649.jpg

FYI, critical votes coming that could impact energy costs and solar in Az. I'm just passing along some info gathered as a contributing member of LD18 (and I'm an Engineer who grew up hating gov't anything, go figure). Some action came highly recommended and thought this might be a good place to share.

#1: For SRP customers: They are holding a board election on open seat(s), but you must request a special SRP ballot on their website. SRP: Early voting ballot request form (I'm going to a Mike Bloomberg party this Sat to listen to one of those running for the SRP board - let me know if you want to come along).

#2: For all Az Utility companies, there is a critical vote this year for 3 seats on the ACC board - they have power over our Az utilities. (ACC = Arizona Commerce Commission). Winning at least 2 of 3 Blue seats will flip the board from Red to Blue as well. Democrats claim to encourage solar incentives and fair pricing for all. I'm actually new to this, but feels both good and right.

And... SRP just paid me $3,600 to get a PW, so highly recommend at least one. I got 2 PWs and I'm off grid essentially (in Feb anyway) for literally $3,500 cash paid to me. They were quite nice the whole way, but the interesting fact is that you can call SRP anytime, day or night, and a live, local person will gladly assist you without a wait. I actually asked one lady how they can afford those resources and the answer was "Our customers told us that they want 24/7 service" (or something very close). That's an indication of waste right there. Very nice true, but what company can afford that level of service on 100% US wages? They must be rolling in the dough.
On Tesla's online solar configurator, one can "subscribe" (rent) Tesla solar panels at a particular address in Gilbert, AZ. However, in Tesla's FAQs page, it says one needs a utility bill from either APS or Tucson Electric Power. It doesn't mention SRP. My girlfriend's brother would like to rent Tesla solar panels at his place in Gilbert, but doesn't want to forfeit the $100 non-refundable order fee. Since one can't really contact Tesla, do you know if Tesla allows subscription/rental in Gilbert?

If it's SRP then I think you're out of luck. SRP doesn pay enough for your generated power to the grid (around 2.5 cents), and net metering is not used. That sucks when your neighbor is paying 20 cents for your power and it doesn't use the grid mostly when my electrons go next door. I've seen maps that look meandering as to who exactly is on APS or SRP. Little sections are included, so I really don't know. Look to see if there are any Gilbert homes (islands of service) not on SRP maybe.

If you put a $100 on a rental service and they can't deliver, they will refund you. I can't know this for a fact, but Tesla's character is solid.

Fun point, if SRP did use net metering, you wouldn't want to rent unless you want to pay more long term... even if you move. It's almost alway better to purchase direct through Tesla. I got 5% interest last year. And I'm an energy manager of my own home now. It's a hoot!

People are confused when it comes to buying solar bc of the past bad lease deals everywhere. But then they'll go and buy a house no problem, as if moving was never the plan. It's the same thing really.

Good luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: joh01652
If it's SRP then I think you're out of luck. SRP doesn pay enough for your generated power to the grid (around 2.5 cents), and net metering is not used. That sucks when your neighbor is paying 20 cents for your power and it doesn't use the grid mostly when my electrons go next door. I've seen maps that look meandering as to who exactly is on APS or SRP. Little sections are included, so I really don't know. Look to see if there are any Gilbert homes (islands of service) not on SRP maybe.

If you put a $100 on a rental service and they can't deliver, they will refund you. I can't know this for a fact, but Tesla's character is solid.

Fun point, if SRP did use net metering, you wouldn't want to rent unless you want to pay more long term... even if you move. It's almost alway better to purchase direct through Tesla. I got 5% interest last year. And I'm an energy manager of my own home now. It's a hoot!

People are confused when it comes to buying solar bc of the past bad lease deals everywhere. But then they'll go and buy a house no problem, as if moving was never the plan. It's the same thing really.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info! I just emailed Tesla Energy, asking if they'll be adding SRP customers anytime soon. Hopefully they'll get back and say 'yes'.

Some people are just too strapped for cash to justify spending their own money on solar. And like Elon said, the economics still makes the rental option a better value than just paying for electricity from your utility. Thanks again!

I'm having fun in SoulPedal Land myself. My company and invention for musicians. Complicated!
Just got our custom Dongle prototype working. Many things shown online are old. It is amazing now and just waiting for the right time next year after this update.

hey everyone,

I am moving to AZ and going to take delivery of my Tesla in June. I am looking at electric companies that offer the best rates and incentives for having an EV? Can you guys recommend any particular company and what they offer? Thank you!