TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

AZ - Valley of the Sun: Your experience with Solar City?

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by AudubonB, May 26, 2013.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

If you have used Solar City for a PV install, or if you looked into its program and decided against it, I am interested in your experience.

Among other possibilities for insight -

* Why did you choose, or not choose, SC?
    * Would you do so again? Would you recommend to others?
    * In retrospect, is it a close decision or a no-brainer to use SC (or similar) versus going it one's own?
    * Is the financial program straightforward? How is the interface with APS or Salt River?
    * Have you any tips for another looking to make use of them?

2. adeokar

adeokar Member

Since we had the Solar going it is nice to see generating all that electricity and using that to charge the Tesla makes the choice a no brainer.

regards
    Ash

3. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Our neighbors across the street had Solar City installed last October. So far they are very happy.

We had them come out and give us a quote also, but so far have not pulled the trigger for a couple reasons:
    1) Estimated solar production was significantly lower than our neighbors. We have the same floor plan as our neighbors, but our house is rotated 180 degrees -- which does not give as much South and Westerly facing area to place panels.
    2) We may not be in the house for more than 1-2 years, so were concerned about issues with transferring the lease (I know its transferrable).

4. AreBeeAZ

AreBeeAZ New Member

I went the Solar City route. Went live in March of this year. Nothing but good from beginning to end. Easy to work with, handled all design, paperwork, permits, HOA, everything. With very little down, I have a 1 year ROI. I strongly recommend.