Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

B.c. Reduces Ev Rebates To $3000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad that I got it just before they fcked over everyone else. But I still think it's ridiculous when they set a 2040 goal of 0 emissions but then cut funding that would support that goal. Messed up.

There was no cut to the funding.

The total funding is still there. It is just going to be distributed to more people by reducing the amount that any one person gets.

I’m very happy that my delivery happened before the reduction. But that is an individual interest and an individual benefit. The collective interest and benefit is to get more EVs on the road,

Stretching the provincial money by reducing it to $3000 will result in more EVs on the road in BC because of the $5,000 federal incentive.

Using simple math, if there were $30,000,000 in BC incentives, it could go to 10,000 buyers who combine it with the $5,000 in federal incentive for $8,000 total or it could go to 5,000 buyers who each get a total of $10,000 in incentives.

I think that BC will be further ahead as I think that BC will spend all of the money and get more purchasers.

There was no cut to the funding.

The total funding is still there. It is just going to be distributed to more people by reducing the amount that any one person gets.

I’m very happy that my delivery happened before the reduction. But that is an individual interest and an individual benefit. The collective interest and benefit is to get more EVs on the road,

Stretching the provincial money by reducing it to $3000 will result in more EVs on the road in BC because of the $5,000 federal incentive.

Using simple math, if there were $30,000,000 in BC incentives, it could go to 10,000 buyers who combine it with the $5,000 in federal incentive for $8,000 total or it could go to 5,000 buyers who each get a total of $10,000 in incentives.

I think that BC will be further ahead as I think that BC will spend all of the money and get more purchasers.
You know what you've got a point there actually. It's not about saving money for few people but about spreading the funds to more people. That's really Elon's vision, zero emissions and roads full of EV's.

Agreed. Except for the simple math part.. division is HARD. It’s 6,000 buyers at 5k each ;)