Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Baby monitor for the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just have a baby mirror strapped around the headrest to the seat directly behind the driver. Works decent, although the distance is a little far compared to say our sedan but I just need to know if he is awake and happy or asleep.

I am just afraid that anything that would distract you from being an attentive driver could easily bring regrettable experience. My wife and I decided not to have mirrors or cameras for that reason, and we would opt to pull off the road to check on the baby instead of taking our eyes off the road in a moving vehicle. We also talked to safety experts that in the event of crash, these add-on's could become safety hazards to babies because they could smash or fall on them.

I am just afraid that anything that would distract you from being an attentive driver could easily bring regrettable experience. My wife and I decided not to have mirrors or cameras for that reason, and we would opt to pull off the road to check on the baby instead of taking our eyes off the road in a moving vehicle. We also talked to safety experts that in the event of crash, these add-on's could become safety hazards to babies because they could smash or fall on them.
This is indeed the safest advice. My wife was checking on the mirror of our crying kids when driving and she ended up hitting someone's mail box and scratched the whole side of the car.

Reactions: RedSafari