Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Baby On Board magnet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly I don't really see the point of Baby on Board stickers/magnets. But, to actually try and help, an idea would be to use a cling type and just place it to the back window from the inside. Cling style are easily removeable and don't leave any type of residue behind.
If you are in an accident and have one of those stickers, first responders know to look for a baby in the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger
Upvote 0
If you are in an accident and have one of those stickers, first responders know to look for a baby in the car.
Is this actually true, I can’t see a baby on board sticker being used for that. As @Tiger said, I thought they were used because people think other drivers will be more careful driving around them.
I think the baby/car seat would be the bigger hint to first responders that a baby may be in the car.

Upvote 0
Is this actually true, I can’t see a baby on board sticker being used for that. As @Tiger said, I thought they were used because people think other drivers will be more careful driving around them.
I think the baby/car seat would be the bigger hint to first responders that a baby may be in the car.
Well I can only lead you to the answer, I can't make you accept it.

Not sure how a bright yellow sign in the back window of a car is less obvious than a car seat inside the car. However, a google search or a discussion with any first responder would likely help clear up your confusion.

• Disagree
Reactions: coleman567
Upvote 0
Well I can only lead you to the answer, I can't make you accept it.

Not sure how a bright yellow sign in the back window of a car is less obvious than a car seat inside the car. However, a google search or a discussion with any first responder would likely help clear up your confusion.
Well here is what I found with your suggestion:

"The intention of the sign is often confused with a warning to emergency personnel in case of emergency, as there may be a baby in the vehicle. However, this is historically inaccurate."

Exactly as @Tiger and I thought the signs have nothing to do with first responders. It was created as a novelty to alert people that a baby was onboard to try and prevent tailgaters and crazy drivers.

So as you poetically stated; "Well I can only lead you to the answer, I can't make you accept it."

Upvote 0
Hope this helps

Attachments

• il_794xN.1283343661_p7aa~2.jpg
    il_794xN.1283343661_p7aa~2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 196
Upvote 0
Well here is what I found with your suggestion:

"The intention of the sign is often confused with a warning to emergency personnel in case of emergency, as there may be a baby in the vehicle. However, this is historically inaccurate."

Exactly as @Tiger and I thought the signs have nothing to do with first responders. It was created as a novelty to alert people that a baby was onboard to try and prevent tailgaters and crazy drivers.

So as you poetically stated; "Well I can only lead you to the answer, I can't make you accept it."
I am assuming you maybe were asking a question more specific than you actually wrote. In the beginning of the conversation, you mentioned not seeing the point of a baby on board sign. No one mentioned anything about why they were invented or their historical significance.

All I was pointing out was a point, or reason, why people use them. It is a very common use for them. Never even said it was the only point. All first responders locally are training to look for those signs.

So to dismiss the point seems a bit silly. That’s why I said I can lead to the answer but I can’t make you accept it. But if you feel I am wrong feel free to show me where!

Imagine if you could only use products for their original intended use?

• Disagree
Reactions: mnevar
Upvote 0
I am assuming you maybe were asking a question more specific than you actually wrote. In the beginning of the conversation, you mentioned not seeing the point of a baby on board sign. No one mentioned anything about why they were invented or their historical significance.

All I was pointing out was a point, or reason, why people use them. It is a very common use for them. Never even said it was the only point. All first responders locally are training to look for those signs.

So to dismiss the point seems a bit silly. That’s why I said I can lead to the answer but I can’t make you accept it. But if you feel I am wrong feel free to show me where!

Imagine if you could only use products for their original intended use?
It's ok to be an adult and admit you were talking out of your ass and you were wrong. We all do it, especially in a car forum.
I especially love the first sentence: I am assuming you maybe were asking a question more specific than you actually wrote. That's the classic intro when you know you were wrong but don't want to admit it lol.

Here are your exact comments:

But if you feel I am wrong feel free to show me where!

There's actually a lot of online forums with people asking if first responders look for these signs. The overwhelming response is no.
  • They are used incorrectly as they will be left on the car even if there is no baby onboard
  • First responders are trained to talk to the people in the vehicle if possible to ask for how many adults/kids in the car
  • First responders are trained to do a thorough bumper to bumper check of the car to verify everyone is accounted for
  • Looking for a car seat is a lot easier than an 8" little yellow sticker that may not even be visible after an accident
This on top of the Wikipedia and Washington Post articles I linked above. I hope this is enough for you to accept that baby on board signs were not developed for first responders to look for a baby in a car. They are also not used by first responders to look for a baby in an accident. They are a novelty with no use, other than personal preference like any other bumper sticker.

It's like those "New Driver, Please be Patient" stickers. Do you think they were made so first responders know to look for a new driver in the event on an accident? lol

Upvote 0
It's ok to be an adult and admit you were talking out of your ass and you were wrong. We all do it, especially in a car forum.
I especially love the first sentence: I am assuming you maybe were asking a question more specific than you actually wrote. That's the classic intro when you know you were wrong but don't want to admit it lol.

Here are your exact comments:

But if you feel I am wrong feel free to show me where!

There's actually a lot of online forums with people asking if first responders look for these signs. The overwhelming response is no.
  • They are used incorrectly as they will be left on the car even if there is no baby onboard
  • First responders are trained to talk to the people in the vehicle if possible to ask for how many adults/kids in the car
  • First responders are trained to do a thorough bumper to bumper check of the car to verify everyone is accounted for
  • Looking for a car seat is a lot easier than an 8" little yellow sticker that may not even be visible after an accident
This on top of the Wikipedia and Washington Post articles I linked above. I hope this is enough for you to accept that baby on board signs were not developed for first responders to look for a baby in a car. They are also not used by first responders to look for a baby in an accident. They are a novelty with no use, other than personal preference like any other bumper sticker.

It's like those "New Driver, Please be Patient" stickers. Do you think they were made so first responders know to look for a new driver in the event on an accident? lol
Lol sorry for making you mad. I answered your question. Also a Google search does show that is why people use the baby on board sticker. Your need to be right seems to be influencing you to change your question to a moving target that no one can hit. You asked why people use it and I answered you. But if you are just looking for a fight, I’m not the one to engage with you. So feel free to respond, you can get the last word as these conversations seem to revolve around someone needing to get that last word in. I promise no further response from me.

My best advice it to not let little things like this get to you. Picking a fight online is not worth your energy.

Best of luck to you going forward.

Upvote 0
Lol sorry for making you mad. I answered your question. Also a Google search does show that is why people use the baby on board sticker. Your need to be right seems to be influencing you to change your question to a moving target that no one can hit. You asked why people use it and I answered you. But if you are just looking for a fight, I’m not the one to engage with you. So feel free to respond, you can get the last word as these conversations seem to revolve around someone needing to get that last word in. I promise no further response from me.

My best advice it to not let little things like this get to you. Picking a fight online is not worth your energy.

Best of luck to you going forward.
LOL

• Disagree
Reactions: coleman567
Upvote 0