Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Baby paraphernalia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could I get some recommendations for baby car mirrors and shades on the Model 3 please?

I purchased the same mirror as I’ve got in the X3 only to realise I couldn’t properly fit it because the headrest is attached so there’s not way of getting the strap under it…

Could I get some recommendations for baby car mirrors and shades on the Model 3 please?

I purchased the same mirror as I’ve got in the X3 only to realise I couldn’t properly fit it because the headrest is attached so there’s not way of getting the strap under it…
We just got one of the £15 ones from amazon with the straps on the back - just checked and i can’t find the box for it (& no brand on the mirror) but we just tied the straps around the headrest and it worked fine (even though it was meant to go under)

This is what we bought, lift up the centre headrest and strap it on and it's pretty much perfect view although does block a bit of the rear view

In terms of sunshade we got this and no complaints, it sticks to the glass so no cleaning the suction marks and never fallen off during opening and closing even with the windows moving up and down (note it comes as a pack of two do we've given one to the in-laws for when they are on babysitting duties

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, didn’t want to add to the climate crisis. Having a child is the worst thing you can do to add to our global environmental problems 😜
I’m offsetting each child with a Tesla 😉

Good shout on using the middle seat for the mirror, I’ll give that a try otherwise that one that sticks to the sunroof will be worth a try

Went for one from Argos (Cuggl) and attached it to the rear centre headrest as that moves etc. went for quiksnap Sun shades which I just sit on the bottom of the window then I just close the door (full window coverage).
Does it stay in place when you open and close the door?

In terms of sunshade we got this and no complaints, it sticks to the glass so no cleaning the suction marks and never fallen off during opening and closing even with the windows moving up and down (note it comes as a pack of two do we've given one to the in-laws for when they are on babysitting duties

That looks good 👍

I’m offsetting each child with a Tesla 😉

Good shout on using the middle seat for the mirror, I’ll give that a try otherwise that one that sticks to the sunroof will be worth a try

Does it stay in place when you open and close the door?

That looks good 👍
It stays on at the bottom as it’s wedged in but does come away at the top - not an issue at all though.

Reactions: Zilla91
We found this recommended and got it. First well.

Diono Easy View Mirror Diono Easy View Mirror : Amazon.co.uk: Baby Products

Ordered both off those, thanks guys! I have not been using a mirror/window shade since I got my Model 3, but the wife prefers it, so taken a punt on them :)

Reactions: Andrew_SE23
Have you found a shade that fits well yet, will need one in a few months!
We couldn't get any of the stick-on window ones to work due to the way the M3 doors drop when opening.

So we just use the built-in shade that comes with the Britax RÖMER Baby Car Seat and that seems to do the trick. If you're crafty you can usually get a muslin involved to block out anything the seat shade doesn't cover. As Dave says above - they will eventually just fall asleep!

Last edited by a moderator: