Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back Armrest pass through?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the back armrest has a pass through, for things like skis? If you can't have a rack this could be a backup option. My old 2000 Honda accord had that and it was very useful.
I’d be interested to know this as well. My old Subaru had this and was very useful for skis and hockey sticks. My newer Acura doesn’t so I used to have to fold down the 40% side of the backseat to fit things. Then when the car seats became a necessity I started jamming the hockey sticks next to the passenger doors, which was less than ideal.

A center pass through would be great (and an integrated cover even better).

I’d be interested to know this as well. My old Subaru had this and was very useful for skis and hockey sticks. My newer Acura doesn’t so I used to have to fold down the 40% side of the backseat to fit things. Then when the car seats became a necessity I started jamming the hockey sticks next to the passenger doors, which was less than ideal.

A center pass through would be great (and an integrated cover even better).
Right, my current BMW 328 has this also. Besides the folddown seats (like the 3), it has a door behind the armrest, and a bag to put the skis' 'tail' in so dirt (or schmutz, as Bjorn says!) don't get all over the interior.

Would definitely be a nice touch.... Again, one thing we won't know until someone does a complete review...

Based on trunk photos, I would say pretty certainly there is no pass-through. If there was, I would expect another "seam" to the left of the 60/40 split.
3 trunk.jpg

photo credit: Motor Trend

Based on trunk photos, I would say pretty certainly there is no pass-through. If there was, I would expect another "seam" to the left of the 60/40 split.
View attachment 239129
photo credit: Motor Trend
Thanks. Based on what I saw when I pulled down the armrest, I would say there was not a pass-through but thought there could be a big cover in the trunk and it might still be possible. Based on that picture, I would agree that there probably isn't a pass-through at this time.

I guess the 40 split side could be folded down for object like skis, but if you have 4 people in the car, not ideal. Fourth person could sit in the middle seat, but again not ideal.

I'm sure there will be roof rack at some point. We know we saw a prototype have a rack on it for testing at some point.

Reactions: JeffK
I guess the 40 split side could be folded down for object like skis, but if you have 4 people in the car, not ideal. Fourth person could sit in the middle seat, but again not ideal.

I'm sure there will be roof rack at some point. We know we saw a prototype have a rack on it for testing at some point.
And remember, with the glass roof (at least), you do get the anchor positions for a roof rack. It's supposed to have (someone mentioned this) the flip up covers to access mounting points for a rack.