Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back Hatch Loading area protection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know where to get some kind of rubber protection or maybe vinyl, to protect the same area between the hatch and the edge of the bumper? In most hatch backs, that area can easily get scraped up with all of the loading and unloading. However, on the Y, it is a very small area and the hatch door seals it. Just wondering. Thanks.

Hatch Strip.JPG

Does anyone know where to get some kind of rubber protection or maybe vinyl, to protect the same area between the hatch and the edge of the bumper? In most hatch backs, that area can easily get scraped up with all of the loading and unloading. However, on the Y, it is a very small area and the hatch door seals it. Just wondering. Thanks.

View attachment 564641

Not aware of a custom user product yet. Still kind of soon.

Anyone local that does 3M (or comparable) paint protection can easily cover that for you.

Personally 3M paint film and vinyl raps are not worth it on a cost / benefit to me. But then PLENTY of people HAPPILY pay for it.

That small of an area shouldn't be much; respectively.

• Helpful
Reactions: Puma2020
I haven't bought one for my car yet, but you can find these cargo mats on Amazon that are for pets. Some of them will have a fold out that will cover the bumper. When you're done you just fold it back in. I have one on my Volvo SUV and it works great. It's not custom, but doesn't bother me at all.