Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back in ICE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same (software) story with my 2018 A-class. It is advertised as having OTA updates, but all it gets are map updates and imperceptible changes to the entertainment system. For more significant updates it needs to go to the dealer for a day, where it is hooked up to a charger while it downloads & installs, otherwise the battery goes flat. App is pretty good though.

And this is from a brand that has been making cars longer than most others. Software is probably developed separately to the rest of the car, 4-5 years in advance and outdated by the time the car rolls of the production line. And meanwhile they are still putting batteries in cars that were designed for ICE.

Got my M3 back yesterday and apart from being super happy to be rid of that awful BMW driving experience, I see that the body shop have managed to fit my new rear bumper better than the factory did - the panel gaps are way tighter. I'm somewhat glad about that, it takes the edge off the experience to have the car come back slightly better than it was before the collision.

Anyway, drive safely everyone and watch out for those who aren't.

I thought you might like to see what is inside A Morgan Plus 8, Morgan made this "half and half" car for the Geneva show a few years ago.

Inside a Plus 8.jpg

And this is the factory "Production Line"
Morgan Production.jpg