Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back of tablet hot/warm to the touch...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed that the tablet on your Model 3 is hot to the touch on the back side? I've noticed it several times and each time the heater was not on but it was a sunny day...but not really too hot (60's-70's). Curious if anyone else has noticed and should we be concerned about overheating?

I have personally noticed it, the screen gets pretty hot as well. But I don’t think there’s anything to be worried about. The X and S screens are twice the size and I haven’t read of any problems there.

It does make me wonder if there’s a cooling system for the screen, as I don’t think I ever hear a fan running. At least not obnoxiously!

Reactions: MissyMcBee
Has anyone noticed that the tablet on your Model 3 is hot to the touch on the back side? I've noticed it several times and each time the heater was not on but it was a sunny day
If the sun was shining on the back of the tablet, it will warm up. I do not see how this is a cause for concern. If you put a notebook computer or tablet on the Model 3 dash, in the sun, they will warm up but I don’t believe they will be damaged.