TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Back on my P85 after S60 loaner. Test drove P85+ and roadster

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by joer00, Aug 6, 2013.

1. joer00

joer00 Member

I had the pleasure to drive now all Tesla's but a standard 85 and want to post my impressions.

1) S60

Being used to the P85 the S60 is surprisingly well. For anybody who is not a "car freak" this is the perfect car for the value. It is fast, but it is just "nice" and missing the WOWWWW ! effect of the P85.
    This is especially the case when the battery gets lower. At about 30 miles battery left, max power was around 150 Kw/h and there is obviously no need for software limiting the power on low battery as it is with the P85.
    Range IS AN ISSUE, at least it would be for me once degradation starts. With 10k plus miles and vampire loss a standard charge I would expect at about 170 miles. I would not make it from Tampa to the Ft Myers supercharger at 80 MPH and even with range charge I would hardly make it, and NOT make it with head wind ! I would love to have a P120 :) , 85 kw is the minimum for me to have no worries at all.

2.) P85 +

This is how the MS SHOULD be standard ! I am coming from an A5 which I admit lies much better on the street than the P85. With the plus this difference is gone and it is more comfortable than the Audi. So next car will definitely be a Plus !

3.) Roadster

AWESOME, what a cute fun car ! Completely useless, just fur fun ! If I have money left again, I will buy one !