Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back problems, anyone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gigaron

San Bruno
Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
After owning Volvos since I learned to drive, I've had several Prius' since 2006. I want a Model 3 so badly, but this old-timer cannot get in and out of it without needing a Tylenol and a back massage afterwards. Sounds like I am out of luck, or am I missing something? PS: I cannot get into my wife's Boxter to save my life.

Reactions: beachmiles
After finding out I have a moderate to sever herniated disk in my back shortly after buying the 3, I think I get where your coming from. The loaner S I had to drive when I fist picked it up was allot harder to get into. Any low car is going to be a bit harder than a taller car or SUV, but at least the seats are pretty good once you find your sweet spot.

I crushed my L5, dislocated my L hip and crushed my R foot in a motorcycle. The few days before I set easy entry was a bear to get up off the seat. I messed with it a bit before I had the seat back come more upright so I could get better leverage with the back of my arm. Now I hardly grunt or moan at all, LoL.
I do love the seat once I get in and have been on several long drives without any soreness. Good luck with the easy entry, it should help a bunch. :)

FWIW, I have a history of back trouble, and when I test drove the 3, both my girlfriend (who does not have that history) and I found the seats uncomfortable. Trying to figure out a solution ever since. See other thread.

FWIW, I have a history of back trouble, and when I test drove the 3, both my girlfriend (who does not have that history) and I found the seats uncomfortable. Trying to figure out a solution ever since. See other thread.
I've had a small couch cushion as extra lumbar support for the last five years (4+ in Tesla Model S). Made it bearable on my sciatica...