Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back seat cover for dogs in Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i use a generic amazon one and really happy with it

only problem is it like a sheet and only covers the seat s- does not cover the doors. my dog likes to prop up on the arm rest to look out and gets drool all over the door cards.

Thinking about getting a back seat cover for my dog.

But, I wonder how useful they really are. Dirt/dog hair is easily vacuumed/cleaned. From what I can see by browsing on Amazon, they don’t really protect the doors/windows, so you will still get doggie nose stains/drool all over your windows and doors.

So, those of you that have them, do you think they are really all that useful? Seems to me that you still will have to do a fair amount of cleaning anyway.

We typically take my wife’s SUV when we take the dog, but sometimes (not all that often) I do need to take her in my Model 3.

The Evannex one is still not available, so I went with the Tasmanian version.

Seems to be really well made, will let you know how it fits once my car gets delivered!

Tim

Reactions: chrstna4

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_155829.jpg
    IMG_20200816_155829.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 1,217
@MentalNomad you're half way to what I was going to suggest. How about one of those cartons they ship fruit in, the ones with the air holes? Just get the right size. Recyclable, economical, even fashionable. And keep the lid. Dogs are fairly smart. After they misbehave a few times and you slap that lid on and tie it down with bungee cords or just duct tape, they get the idea that you want to drive in peace.

• Disagree
Reactions: chymerix
Thinking about getting a back seat cover for my dog.

But, I wonder how useful they really are. Dirt/dog hair is easily vacuumed/cleaned. From what I can see by browsing on Amazon, they don’t really protect the doors/windows, so you will still get doggie nose stains/drool all over your windows and doors.

So, those of you that have them, do you think they are really all that useful? Seems to me that you still will have to do a fair amount of cleaning anyway.

We typically take my wife’s SUV when we take the dog, but sometimes (not all that often) I do need to take her in my Model 3.

they are more useful than not having it:

* easier to remove the cover for guests, without having to vacuum up all the hair
* doggie nails can scratch up seating surfaces
* snacks, water, drooling if theyre just in the seat...
* allows them more "surface" to move around than just on the seat

its a net positive for $50 or whatever. i have the one without the doorcover so its not optimal, but the ones with door cover are available