Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back Seat Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any recommendations on a full back seat cover? I have one that covers the back seats really well but the little side walls that "protect" both doors are way too short for what I need. Ive been looking for one that goes up pretty high to protect both doors. I have a 95 pound pitbull/bulldog mix and I just had an incident where he would put his paws up on the door trim and tore both of my door trims up with his nails because he just stepped over the current backseat cover I have now when he saw another dog. Its going to cost me a bunch to get replaced so finding a nice backseat cover will hopefully save me money down the road so this doesn't happen again...

Thanks for the help!

I have the taptes seat covers. They match the original colors really well, and they stretch all the way to the doors.
Custom Leather Seat Covers for Tesla Model 3 Rear Seats 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021
I made a quick video on the fit in my 2021 (I'm not a YouTuber, not looking for followers/likes)
Thanks for the response! But what I really meant is one of those back seat covers that clips over the headrests that you normally see people with dogs get to protect their whole back seat area.

We have one that also clips to the front seats, so the dog doesn't fall in a braking situation. But they don't cover the doors at all. My wife's dog is only 10.6 lbs, but also has sharp nails, and I"m afraid he'll damage the doors too, as she climbs there to see what's going on outside. We'll see.

Canvasback makes a nice product and they will customize to meet your requirements. It looks kid they don't make model 3 door covers yet but they will if you contact them.

They also make a very nice cargo / trunk liner.

Canvasback Custom Cargo Liners

Attachments

• Canvasback.png
    Canvasback.png
    100 KB · Views: 331
I tried a cheap rear seat hammock from Amazon in our Model 3 and our pup chewed through the zip in the mesh centre portion. It lasted about 4 trips. So I read more reviews and ended up buying the Orvis rear seat hammock plus window protectors. Pricy but so far more robust and seemingly more comfortable too, pup seems very content. I’d recommend it, expensive but seems worth it. The large size is good for the Model 3. I’m in the UK but I see Orvis also has a US website so links below:

I have the taptes seat covers. They match the original colors really well, and they stretch all the way to the doors.
Custom Leather Seat Covers for Tesla Model 3 Rear Seats 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021
I made a quick video on the fit in my 2021 (I'm not a YouTuber, not looking for followers/likes)
Thanks, I'm looking for seat covers like the ones that you installed. how are they holding up, especially the white color? I have black leather but white looks so clean. Thanks!

Can you please link? Would be good to find this myself as my Labrador has figured out how to get around the hammock style ones.

If you have a labrador I would suggest to get those seat covers (install the front ones depending on your gusto) but also get the little doggycover so that the dog cant scratch the doortrim.

the other thing is that the gen 2 have an airbag tag which sort of presumes that they have been tested with airbags (independent tests show that the airbags do trigger through the front covers with gen 2). Apparently rumour has it that the gen 1s also work with the airbags but we dont really have proof of that.

Reactions: AussieOwner