Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back seats dog cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my setup:
Works great! I think it's worth to pay a bit more for a higher quality hammock. The Orvis one fits really nicely in the Y, they also have other versions if you don't want the window. Echo likes the A/C from the center console. :) The door protectors are also a must with my dog cause he's so hyperactive and tries to climb onto everything - My doors would be completely scratched up otherwise. The window protectors have specialized divots on the tabs so they don't budge from the window, no adhesive required! A belt is a must for my dog he's super hyperactive in the car. He'd try to drive the Tesla if I didn't :rolleyes: I've got the white interiors and so far so good!
Do you find the inserts scratch the window when it’s rowed up/down?

Do you find the inserts scratch the window when it’s rowed up/down?

I haven't noticed any scratches, I also don't really use the window, cause my dog would leap out of it and get even more hyperactive :rolleyes: Child lock ON, Window lock ON :D

I do open and close the side door a lot obviously, so the windows go up and down all the time, but I have yet to notice any scratches. While the plastic insert is quite thin, the fit is snug. I've tried other door protectors without the divots and they just fall off whenever you use the window or the dog paws at it.

Good thing about Amazon is you can always return it ;)

Cheers!

This is my setup:
Works great! I think it's worth to pay a bit more for a higher quality hammock. The Orvis one fits really nicely in the Y, they also have other versions if you don't want the window. Echo likes the A/C from the center console. :) The door protectors are also a must with my dog cause he's so hyperactive and tries to climb onto everything - My doors would be completely scratched up otherwise. The window protectors have specialized divots on the tabs so they don't budge from the window, no adhesive required! A belt is a must for my dog he's super hyperactive in the car. He'd try to drive the Tesla if I didn't :rolleyes: I've got the white interiors and so far so good!

What size seat cover did you order?

I haven't noticed any scratches, I also don't really use the window, cause my dog would leap out of it and get even more hyperactive :rolleyes: Child lock ON, Window lock ON :D

I do open and close the side door a lot obviously, so the windows go up and down all the time, but I have yet to notice any scratches. While the plastic insert is quite thin, the fit is snug. I've tried other door protectors without the divots and they just fall off whenever you use the window or the dog paws at it.

Good thing about Amazon is you can always return it ;)

Cheers!
how long of a seat belt did you get and how well does it keep your dog in place?

What size seat cover did you order?
I ordered the "SEDAN/SUV LARGE" (51" W X 66"L)...the XL only increases the width of the hammock from door-door. If anything I would have preferred a slightly longer length to cover more of the seat backs (from head rest to head rest) but they don't offer that.

how long of a seat belt did you get and how well does it keep your dog in place?
I got two sizes. 24 and 32 inches. My husky is a 54 pound, shorter/smaller built husky. If you want to keep him on a short leash than the 24 works great - he can still stand and move around slightly, but keeps him fairly centered in the car and away from the doors. The 32, is a bit more generous and he can pace back and forth between seats.

I have both available in the car. If he's in a harness or he's crazy hyper on the way to a destination, I usually use the 24"; the harness adds a bit of length to the cable itself since it clips lower down near the mid back. When he's super impatient or excited on the way to the park he sometimes manages to fidget himself under the hammock and on the white seats so I prefer the 24". On the way back home exhausted, or If he's on a collar I typically use the 32".

I think most of their stuff right now is close to 50% off. Coupled with a coupon code online you can easily buy two and have the flexibility!

Cheers!

I'm not saying this one will, but I bought a hammock ($30), now no longer available, which works great for its purpose, but the rubber sheeting permanently stained my white seats. There is somehow no way (isopropyl alcohol 100%, etc., etc.) to remove the slight discoloration. I think maybe it was some oil-based substance which became one with the seat material.

Anyway, a reason to be cautious with these hammocks with white interior (might be good to have a sheet underneath but that defeats the non-slip purpose). I imagine the more expensive ones are fine, but who knows.

At the very least, maybe leaving the hammock non-slip surface exposed the blazing sun for a few days might help cure it, and reduce the problem. Not sure. If it's off-gassing and smells when you get it, it's probably more of a hazard for your seats.

Not a big deal...I can get a new rear seat cushion for $300 if I wish...but still, annoying.

I'm not saying this one will, but I bought a hammock ($30), now no longer available, which works great for its purpose, but the rubber sheeting permanently stained my white seats. There is somehow no way (isopropyl alcohol 100%, etc., etc.) to remove the slight discoloration. I think maybe it was some oil-based substance which became one with the seat material.

Anyway, a reason to be cautious with these hammocks with white interior (might be good to have a sheet underneath but that defeats the non-slip purpose). I imagine the more expensive ones are fine, but who knows.

At the very least, maybe leaving the hammock non-slip surface exposed the blazing sun for a few days might help cure it, and reduce the problem. Not sure. If it's off-gassing and smells when you get it, it's probably more of a hazard for your seats.

Not a big deal...I can get a new rear seat cushion for $300 if I wish...but still, annoying.

Thanks for the heads up, I will say the Orvis one I've had hasn't resulted in any seat damage that I've noticed. I've had my car since August so plenty time to bake in there. The bottom of the hammock has studs of rubber as opposed to an entire sheet if rubber if that helps? Will definitely keep a closer eye though as it wears on.

Cheers!

This is my setup:
what size hammock did you buy?