Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back speakers and Sub not working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I have contacted service - just posting to see if anyone else has come across this problem.

When I picked up my Model 3, only the front speakers were working. Someone at Tesla did a hard reset, and it seemed to temporarily fix the problem. The next day same thing happened, hard reset work. Then again, and again, until now the hard reset wont even bring speakers back.

Anyone else have this problem? I picked up last week.

Any update on this issue with the rear speakers? I have this problem since I got the car 5 months ago. But doesn't look like a lose ground as that will make it intermittent all the time. Instead, this seems to be a software issue. If the rear speakers are on when you get in the car, they will stay on for the entire ride. If were off, they will stay off . All depends on the actual state when you get in the car first. Never happened to change during the driving or while the car was "on". Also couldn't find a way to turn them on when were off, even soft/hard reset not always solving the problem. Completely randomly... Anyone?! This is really frustrating... :( Thanks.

That's a bummer- it's a lot harder to repair if it's not consistent.
Tell me about.... I went back to Tesla in Costa Mesa about a week after I got the car. When the guy checked it, of course, it worked just fine... He told me to do the reset thing and will take care of the problem. But it was not right, and since then, I was trying to figure out if there is anything possibly related to this, or causing this rather than going back to Tesla. Also I was hopping to see more people with this problem and eventually a solution here on the forum...

I had speaker problems with my 3 when I first got it. The rear speakers would cut out randomly and only return with a reboot of the center screen or if I got out and back in the car. They ended up finding a bad wiring harness in the headliner.

I was able to replicate it for the service center by striking the headliner where the hazard button is with my hand. I suggest you try this and see if it makes your speakers shut off.

Here is the part number they replaced...
ASY,HARN,HEADLINER,M3,PREM,NA,APA
C (1067970-00-E)

I had speaker problems with my 3 when I first got it. The rear speakers would cut out randomly and only return with a reboot of the center screen or if I got out and back in the car. They ended up finding a bad wiring harness in the headliner.

I was able to replicate it for the service center by striking the headliner where the hazard button is with my hand. I suggest you try this and see if it makes your speakers shut off.

Here is the part number they replaced...
ASY,HARN,HEADLINER,M3,PREM,NA,APA
C (1067970-00-E)
Thanks ! I tried but makes no difference. Again, to me seems more like software problem. Every time, but absolutely every time, the way it is when you get in the car will stay like that until you finished your trip. Never c hanged during the trip. So doesn't look like bad connection or lose ground or something like that. Even when doing a reset (hard or soft) sometimes fixes the problem sometimes doesn't. Just randomly works or not... :(

Received my car on Saturday, October 27th, 2018 and by Tuesday, October 30th, 2018 I began experiencing speaker issues with my two rear speakers. It is essentially a tic toc sounds that persists through all audio playing. Just initiated contact with Tesla regarding a resolution. Will be sure to update forum as much as possible.

Yes I have contacted service - just posting to see if anyone else has come across this problem.

When I picked up my Model 3, only the front speakers were working. Someone at Tesla did a hard reset, and it seemed to temporarily fix the problem. The next day same thing happened, hard reset work. Then again, and again, until now the hard reset wont even bring speakers back.

I picked up my m3 2 weeks ago, yesterday my bass and rear speakers went out just like yours, I’m taking it into SC next week to have it checked out

Did you ever figure this out? Just happened to mine yesterday. Sub is off entirely and rear speakers make a clicking sound. Front speakers work fine.