Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back to a "Meh" experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I moved from for profit to non profit at 40 and now never have to deal with those integrity issues. I simply couldn't do it any more. And boy, am I a better person for the change.

Give me a break! Non profits are some of the worst when it comes to integrity, especially the so-called "charities" but across the board it's difficult to find a worse case of a breach of morals, ethics and integrity than you'll find in many non-profits. It's also made worse because their mission statements are usually to do some form of good.

Of course, for-profit businesses can lack morals and ethics too but to use non-profits as the shining example is ridiculous.

I tried talking to my sales guy and my DS and they both wouldnt budge. Maybe I have to ask a person higher up, I dont think they can make the decision. It was a day before I got the email that my car was in production.

Maybe Ill tell them Im thinking about canceling my order and see what that does.
I'd start with saying you take delivery on October. Just sounds more likely you will actually go through with it and if they want those deliveries for good Q3 numbers that might be enough to make them reconsider.

Hey OP - Dealing with the same problem and feeling neglected much the same way. I will have to see how I proceed. From looking at Tesla Inventory, it seems much of those "Fire Sale" 75/75Ds are now gone/removed? (Anyone else also seeing this?) This could drop leverage. I intend to delay the process while I consider it further. No need for me to rush to take delivery in a week. Good luck!

Yes, there are inventory cars that are comparable. They lack the premium package but I'd be fine with that if the $2500 transfered.

I'm going to take a day or two decide whether I even want this car at this point. However, I am definitely not going out of my way for a September delivery if they won't work with me buy at least dropping the doc/destination fee.
I just changed my December delivery to end of September on an similar inventory car. I was initially worried about the $2.5k depsoit transferring, but my OA said since my car had not gone into production yet, it wasn't an issue. If it was going to be an issue, I would of kept the December delivery...

As a follow-up to my original post:
First Tesla - "Meh" experience so far

First, I'd like to thank whoever saw my earlier post a took care of the issues I mentioned! I truly appreciate it.

Unfortunately my dealings with Tesla over the past few days have brought me back to feeling like I'm buying a car from a traditional dealership.

Basically I noticed that numerous inventory S75s have been discounted to S60 prices and I contacted my owner advisor about switching to an inventory car or at least getting the destination fee dropped from mine. Something, to make my car less of a rotten deal in comparison to the reduced S75s, some of which are now cheaper than my non-autopilot S60.

Tesla wouldn't budge one bit. No transfer without losing the $2500 and no dropping the destination fee on my car. I just don't see the reasoning behind them not transferring the $2500 when A) the inventory car I was looking at cost more than my S60 and B) all they're going to do is upgrade my S60 to a S75 and toss it into the inventory pool at a reduced S75 price.

I realize they don't owe me anything but I feel like they should be more cooperative. I'm honestly quite tempted to push my delivery to the first week of Oct instead of the 28th of September. The 28th was going to be a major pain since I'll be returning from a overseas trip late on the 27th and going on a shorter domestic trip the 29th. I agreed to that date initially because I believe in Tesla and wanted to help them with a Q3 sale. Now I definitely do not feel inclined to help them. Meh.

I'm right there with you man. Anyone who purchased in the last few months before this firesale got ****ed. I was nearly a statistic myself, believing what Elon said less than 90 days ago about the everybody-gets-the-same-price paradigm. Luckily 24 hours before delivery I cancelled the entire order and got an "inventory discount" on a car that hadn't even left the factory yet.

I have asked for waiving the destination fee right after I put in my order early Sept. They finally responded to me yesterday (the car is ready for the delivery) that they can't waive it. Meh. It sounds unfair but I am still taking my car because it was not a deal breaker and wasn't a decision factor to purchase the car.

My "Meh" experience is something else. It seems my DS has not received any of my email communication since our first email exchange. I have been forwarding my loan pre-approval email, trade-in self-inspection, asking questions via email, etc. I haven't heard back from my DS for 2 weeks and I finally called him because I am not hearing anything about my car - MyTesla shows it is almost ready. When I called, he said, "Your car is ready." I anticipated a little more pro-active communication because he told me he would get in touch with me when the car is in transit. Also they cannot find my trade-in submission so I had to resubmit which delays my delivery date (I know the submission was successful because I received the confirmation email). I trust my DS about the email, but it is just hard to convince myself that emails from my two different accounts (gmail and live.com) are not going through - no bounce email, no email server error email..

TL;DR: Delivery experience has not been hassle-free as I anticipated because of Tesla's technology issue.

I'm right there with you man. Anyone who purchased in the last few months before this firesale got ****ed. I was nearly a statistic myself, believing what Elon said less than 90 days ago about the everybody-gets-the-same-price paradigm. Luckily 24 hours before delivery I cancelled the entire order and got an "inventory discount" on a car that hadn't even left the factory yet.
Did you try negotiating before canceling? I'm close to delivery so wondering if it's even worth asking for anything. Only reasons I can think of is

100% financing vs 105% and higher than expected taxes?

Did you try negotiating before canceling? I'm close to delivery so wondering if it's even worth asking for anything. Only reasons I can think of is

100% financing vs 105% and higher than expected taxes?

Nah. You're going to lose your deposit. But I upgraded to a "D" and saved $5,000 even after the lost deposit is deducted. Call it off man the "showroom discount" stuff is the way to go right now. Hell, I got a showroom discount on a car that hadn't even left Fremont yet.

This entire thread is beyond ridiculous IMHO... You aren't buying a car from a traditional car dealership where sticker price is a suggestion... You're buying something with an essentially fixed price. Those of you who have already ordered, you agreed to buy a specific car at a specific price and put a deposit down for Tesla to build that specific car you agreed to buy. Tesla doesn't owe you anything, nor should you have the expectation that they "work with you" either. Tesla is free to apply temporary discounts to already built cars it wants to sell but that has nothing to do with the car YOU ordered and that YOU agreed to purchase at the pre-agreed upon price.

Given the very real financial constraints Tesla is still operating under, as an investor (long on TSLA), I have no problems with Tesla keeping your deposits should you attempt to pull this run around and quite frankly, if it were me, I'd black list you for a period of time for doing so. Tesla doesn't need customers ordering cars they don't intend to actually buy.

Jeff

This entire thread is beyond ridiculous IMHO... You aren't buying a car from a traditional car dealership where sticker price is a suggestion... You're buying something with an essentially fixed price. Those of you who have already ordered, you agreed to buy a specific car at a specific price and put a deposit down for Tesla to build that specific car you agreed to buy. Tesla doesn't owe you anything, nor should you have the expectation that they "work with you" either. Tesla is free to apply temporary discounts to already built cars it wants to sell but that has nothing to do with the car YOU ordered and that YOU agreed to purchase at the pre-agreed upon price.

Given the very real financial constraints Tesla is still operating under, as an investor (long on TSLA), I have no problems with Tesla keeping your deposits should you attempt to pull this run around and quite frankly, if it were me, I'd black list you for a period of time for doing so. Tesla doesn't need customers ordering cars they don't intend to actually buy.

Jeff

Come on.. When we ordered the car we were all under the assumed there was no haggling.. shortly after that they haggle. I don';t really care, but you have to see everyone point. It hurts the value of the $100,000 purchase... especially when they come out with new hardware and we all go to sell or trade in.

I've made my peace with it. I'm going to take delivery in October. If they don't want to work with me even a little then I'm not going out of my way to give them a Q3 delivery.

Unfortunately, either my DS isn't getting or isn't responding to my emails. So he'll be nice and shocked when I call next week to let him know I'll be bumping delivery to Oct.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Read further up. I was going out of my way to make a September delivery happen for them. The delivery center is almost three hours away, I'll be getting in late the previous night from an overseas trip and heading out early the next day for a domestic trip. I'm no longer motivated to do a minimum 5.5 hours of driving on the one day break I'll have.

Give me a break! Non profits are some of the worst when it comes to integrity, especially the so-called "charities" but across the board it's difficult to find a worse case of a breach of morals, ethics and integrity than you'll find in many non-profits. It's also made worse because their mission statements are usually to do some form of good.

Of course, for-profit businesses can lack morals and ethics too but to use non-profits as the shining example is ridiculous.
None that I have run. And I find that generalization to be offensive.

Reactions: bonaire