Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back to MCU1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm about to the point of wanting to go back to MCU1. Yeah, I had to reboot every day. But today I have to reload the teslawaze web site every few miles when the browser crashes out to its main screen. And every single time I enter the car I have to bring up the media player, reselect USB, and pick a song - back in 2015 it remembered that it was playing USB, remembered what song, and automatically picked up where it left off without me having to do a thing. They just keep making things worse. There was a period of a couple of weeks where they (finally! after years) brought back the ability to do a 50/50 split of the screen between navigation and browser, but then they took it away again! (Yeah I know this last point wouldn't be fixed by going back to MCU1). But hey, let's add more games (smh).

Reactions: Solar40
I'm about to the point of wanting to go back to MCU1. Yeah, I had to reboot every day. But today I have to reload the teslawaze web site every few miles when the browser crashes out to its main screen. And every single time I enter the car I have to bring up the media player, reselect USB, and pick a song - back in 2015 it remembered that it was playing USB, remembered what song, and automatically picked up where it left off without me having to do a thing. They just keep making things worse. There was a period of a couple of weeks where they (finally! after years) brought back the ability to do a 50/50 split of the screen between navigation and browser, but then they took it away again! (Yeah I know this last point wouldn't be fixed by going back to MCU1). But hey, let's add more games (smh).
I assume you have upgraded the Tesla cellular chip to 4G from 3G, since most areas have dropped 3G entirely. The browser has always been pretty poor in my car, but it was better with the last release that updated the browser. Your car probably doesn't get updated with that update yet.

SC said teslawaze.azurewebsites.net did not load at all on a similar vehicle, and they found no concerns with my vehicle. I think I had 4G from the start though I couldn't swear to it. Currently running 2022.16.3.

Wow. From another post on here I tried the voice command "Switch to USB" and that continues playing from it left off, exactly as it should. I have no idea why the two ways of selecting an input source behave differently. That certainly wouldn't be true of any software I wrote. It would be nice if it just did the right thing automatically - like it used to - but I can use this workaround.

I'm about to the point of wanting to go back to MCU1. Yeah, I had to reboot every day. But today I have to reload the teslawaze web site every few miles when the browser crashes out to its main screen. And every single time I enter the car I have to bring up the media player, reselect USB, and pick a song - back in 2015 it remembered that it was playing USB, remembered what song, and automatically picked up where it left off without me having to do a thing. They just keep making things worse. There was a period of a couple of weeks were they (finally! after years) brought back the ability to do a 50/50 split of the screen between navigation and browser, but then they took it away again! (Yeah I know this last point wouldn't be fixed by going back to MCU1). But hey, let's add more games (smh).
I’d would trade Mcu’s with you if I could. Lol

Yep, the USB auto-play is a long-missed feature, which is still missing with MCU-Z (the MCU after MCU-2).

The best shortcut is to use the voice command "USB" or leave sentry mode on at all times. With sentry mode on, the USB will auto-play when you get back into the car since the CPU doesn't power down.