TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Back Up Camera Foggy

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by SharonB, Nov 6, 2016.

1. SharonB

SharonB Member

My backup camera is all foggy. I had my car professionally detailed last week and I think that's when it started....I thought it needed to be cleaned and nope, something is definitely wrong inside the camera.....it's foggy inside and now the picture is really bad. This isn't good as my car is only 6 weeks old.

Any suggestions?

2. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Wipe your thumb(or a cloth) over the backup camera lens and see if that fixes it. I have to do this after it rains and the lens is either wet or has dried road grime on it. This fixes it... until it rains again.

3. SharonB

SharonB Member

I put a cloth with windex over it and wiped and it didn't work ....

4. MrJones390

MrJones390 Space Boat

Service Center fixed my foggy/blurry backup cam after I sent them pics of the problem.

5. SharonB

SharonB Member

OK, Tesla road service just came by. I called the service center and they called them to check it out and they looked at it and said it wasn't water or anything, they said it looks like some film or something got separated and is inside the camera obscuring the view. They are ordering me parts and I'll need to get a new one installed when it comes in.

6. scottm

scottm Active Member

Nice, fast fix coming... thanks for the followup.