Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BACK-UP CAMERA SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER UPDATE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the last update, the screen for my back-up camera shows as completely white after I start the car.. The two white guide lines appear, but not the surrounding area. I have to re-boot the screen for the back-up camera to work.

This doesn't happen every time a start the car, but often enough to be an annoyance. Anyone else notice this? What gives?

I actually meant the Factory Reset under the Service sub menu. Here's a picture.

IMG_9911.JPG

I have a black backup camera screen after the lastest firmware update. Rebooting the center screen did not resolve the issue nor did exiting and re-entering the vehicle. Thoughts? I’m not about to do a factory reset for this since I have quite a few settings I don’t want to lose.

I have a black backup camera screen after the lastest firmware update. Rebooting the center screen did not resolve the issue nor did exiting and re-entering the vehicle. Thoughts? I’m not about to do a factory reset for this since I have quite a few settings I don’t want to lose.
I had it once after the 50.6 upgrade. Did a hard reboot and it hasn’t happened again.

It seems to happen sporadically. It happened on my other M3 as well after the recent firmware update. Hasn’t reoccurred since then on either of my 3s.

Rebooting the center screen doesn’t work probably because it is an ECU or the gateway that causes this. Once the vehicle sleeps these ECU get powered off and then it works the next time they boot up.