Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back up camera unusable in rain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As was said, many want the camera on all the time. The hidden camera is only good if it’s only used for parking. And I would think that that would get dirt dried on the camera also when it’s hidden away.
That's fine. I do it too.
But in that case it would just flip out. And you would just select cleaning mode and give it a wipe if it got dirty.
But most days, I only use it when backing up, and so turned in behind an emblem would be nice.
Then again, I live in Canada where everything freezes and sticks.

Reactions: Mattzilla
I saw a similar sized SUV to the MX that was a BMW or a Mercedes or something. When it went in reverse, the badge tilted outward to expose the camera. BRILLIANT . I wish Tesla had done this with the T.

Yes yes, tweet that. Lets make it an experiment. Elon will respond: Will do with the next update!
Then news stories will pop up everywhere that the CEO answered a customer request.
Then it won't get done and everyone forgets about it. :/

Reactions: Mattzilla
That's fine. I do it too.
But in that case it would just flip out. And you would just select cleaning mode and give it a wipe if it got dirty.
But most days, I only use it when backing up, and so turned in behind an emblem would be nice.
Then again, I live in Canada where everything freezes and sticks.
Ah, if it had a manual mode, excellent. I was thinking it was (for VW) an automatic part of reverse gear only.